Hose clamps

GoldenMotor.com

Mr Natural

Mar 4, 2015
New Orleans La
So....last night I rode my recently finished build to work. I live in New Orleans, and work as a musician on Bourbon St. I got off at 9:00pm. It was dark, and drizzling, I was in a hurry. I got about a block, and felt my leg was wet. I'd knocked the fuel line off the carby inlet. I stopped, and, in the dark, hurridly replaced the line, and checked to see if I had any fuel left. I got lucky. The moral...... don't be stupid like me. Spend $2.00 on teeny hose clamps, and keep your fuel.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yup... and shut the fuel off when parked or you may find a puddle under your bike next time ya walk by it...

I buy those little spring clamps either as assortments or in packs of 10 or more, and my second choice for clamping fuel lines or any other small hose that needs to be on really good are the fuel injection clamps, these won't eat into the rubber lines or distort and leak like those worm screw type clamps. Only thing about fuel injection clamps is their limited size availability, finding one that'll clamp a line smaller than 10mm or larger than 12mm is near impossible...
Even if you have to use safety wire it's still better than not using a clamp at all, just don't twist it so tight it cuts into the hose...

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The modern day baling wire ---- zip ties ---- also work well in this situation. I always have some in the tool bag.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I generally use zip ties on my fuel lines, but I have a spring type clamp holding my oil drainage hose on (4 stroke)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Great Advice, Mr.
Hose clamps are field removible even with a dime. And do the job.

I don`t mean to be contrary, but zip ties need a knife or dykes to remove, if say your carb needs to be cleaned or the fuel line becomes clogged, bad/hard road side repair.

Honestly, just me. But I agree. Hose clamps are the way to go. But zipties work great in a pinch. IMVH

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
when line fits a bit loose on these, I use a bit of electrical shrink wrap & my heat gun to enlarge the fitting before putting line on