Parts House

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Direct in-house inventory? Little other'n scrapple at this point, if it were anything but I'd have used it lol - indirect inventory however... well... the world is my parts pile, I jus' try to make sure nobody has laid claim to it before I abomineer something into something to make something else is all ;)

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I try to keep about 5 of everything, a bit more of gaskets, a bit more of things that go 'on sale'. Over last 4 years, parts have been getting better in many ways, so I don't want to be stuck with outdated parts (got maybe 20 real NGK plug caps that I probably can't sell now since the chinese have improved the kit plugs, got old-style big mains & seals that don't fit new sealed mains that appear to be just output shaft bearings with one side of the seal pulled out).

I hate parts tho, since I rarely make more than a buck or so selling a part, then have to re-order to have one for my repairs - got way too many customers wanting to just buy a part here rather than wait 2 days for the inet part to show up : (

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm a light traveler. I have one complete engine, ready to install. One mag coil and one CDI. Two carburetors and that's it for the good stuff. There is a box with old handlebar grips, spoke reflectors that I always remove, a couple of seat tubes and some miscellaneous junk. I have a Titan 4 stroke, currently disassembled, some factory fender braces, two kit fuel tanks, one chrome and one black.

And still no room to work in my garage.

Tom

chris8686

May 2, 2013
Bellingham
I was just going threw my parts collection and I have just about 5 plus of everything. Gaskets on the other hand I have to many to count.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I got enough parts to build at least one complete engine then who knows how many extra gaskets, pistons, cylinders, piston rings, piston pin clips, sprockets, clutch parts, at least 3 magneto coils, a few cdi units, 3 or 4 carbs, and countless jets & needles etc and a few 12"x24" copper sheets of different thicknesses to make gaskets from, not to mention all the sealants, lock tite bottles, thread tape rolls, electrical connectors, zip ties, and on and on...