Need some help finishing my bike

GoldenMotor.com

ncoop

Aug 4, 2011
Arizona
I'm finishing up my Grubee Skyhawk kit on my bike, and took it out for a test ride. I would take it down the street, engage the clutch, turn up the choke and pull the throttle, though it would only putter and if i tried pulling the clutch to let it rev it would go out. I wasn't even able to get it to putter the next few times I tried.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Once it starts, open the choke to allow airflow. Most won't run with the choke engaged...
Also check for fuel flowing from the tank (NOT while riding)

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If you have a cable choke, you must have a cns carb. Famous for being very hard to tune properly and mostly a P.I.T.A!
Sorry to tell you, but I have no help for a cns problem. I simply replace them with a stock NT/RT whenever I get a bike so equipped.
Good luck! Lots of people here have worked on the CNS so don't get discouraged....

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Not sure. I get mine from ebay vendor rose326 or mingsinternational. (same people)
About $12 bucks plus shipping.
You should wait to hear from someone who uses this carb before you toss it. My opinion is ONLY an opinion...

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I don't care much for CNS either, but it may be as simple as having the idle screw set too high for the engine to start - try dropping the idle all the way down and try to work the throttle a bit to find a good starting point.