Couple questions :)

GoldenMotor.com

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
Hi so I have the 66 ht engine 44 tooth sprocket I live in Maine so it's hilly then flat so on an so forth sprocket seems to be great up hill now that my motors broken in nicely carbs tuned I want a pipe something loud with a little high end performance but I don't wanna lose my ability to climb the hills would the banana pipe suit my needs any recommendations would be amazing please an Ty

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
I used the SBP Tuned pipe on one of my bikes and love it. The advantage of this pipe, in my opinion, is that you can tune it specific to your needs by changing the length of one of the tubes whereas the pre-welded pipes will simply work where they work and that's it. It took a little fiddling to get the SBP pipe on the bike, in my case I had to buy a 90 degree elbow for a few bucks, but it's well worth the minimal effort involved.

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
Iv been thinking about the sbp it's a proven pipe I want something with similar performance but screams

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
Also I know the banana pipe is for better too end but would it weaken my low end torque I'm using the stock pipe now this is a one strong motor

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
What pipe so you suggest then I want something louder expansion chamber that dosnt weaken my low end torque

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
Ok iv been looking at the arrow pipe is there anyway to mount the pipe on the other wide of the bike it's so close to the fuel line that would be amazing but iv only seen it on the side with the fuel line

Ouch that Hurt

Jul 27, 2013
Port Alberni, BC, Canada
i use the banana expansion w/ muffler. It gave my GT-2A a lot more bottom end torque. Can almost start from dead stop. But the best is the ping-ping sound.

It lost a lil off the top km/h...was getting about 40 km/h and down to about 36@ WOT; but I wanted the low end torque to get up the hills.

mission accomplished for my needs.....carb next.

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
That's what I like to hear I love the ping sound of a two stroke how loud is it ?? Seems like the mini header would deff give it a nice mid range power band I wanna wake the dead when it comes on the pipe ?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Multiple vendors that advertsie here on forum sell the banana expansion pipe, do a little looking around and you'll find some pix of it and different prices to choose from.

Map
.wee.