Oil EVERYWHERE!

GoldenMotor.com

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
So a while ago I replaced the oil in my Huasheng and I am now using Royal Purple. I filled it up to the threads as I was told to buy John (Phantombikes). The problem is that when I ride, I go WOT sometimes, and I get into the highest RPM possible. When I get home and look at the bike, there is royal putple all over the chain and lower bar where the chain tensioner would be mounted. The only thing i can think of is that the oil is being thrown into the breather and that goes into the air filter which drips on the chain. Then the chain slings it onto the bar after going around the drive sprocket.

What do you guys think and what should I do to fix it? I can get pictures up later if you want.

-Christopher N.

EDIT: IT seems the faster I go, the more oil there is...

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
So a while ago I replaced the oil in my Huasheng and I am now using Royal Purple. I filled it up to the threads as I was told to buy John (Phantombikes). ..
Sounds like you got bad advice and are over filling.

Oil Capacity 0.26 US quart

There is a DIPSTICK on your oil cap with a high and low mark.
How does that read on your oil level?

Last edited:

Skyliner70

May 25, 2011
Colorado
Royal Purple is a good oil even though I don't use it. If oil level isn't too full then you've got an issue with blowby at such high rpms causing oil to be blown out the breather tube. You can re-ring engine, use a higher viscosity of oil, or design a mini-catch can to catch the oil. Good luck.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Oil Capacity 0.26 US quart

There is a DIPSTICK on your oil cap with a high and low mark.
Hey now! That means that I was cheated! My HuaSheng only has a little black plastic cap that has no dip stick. It is a PITA to thread back into the hole too.

I fill my HuaSheng with oil until it starts to come back out of the fill hole. Then I let it sit there for a while until it stops drooling all over the place.
While my technique may be a bit oddball, this provides the correct oil level per the owner's manual.
Then I mess with the filler cap and curse at it until it threads in smoothly and tighten it down. I clean up the drool mess with brake cleaner.
Oil currently used for break in is HondaPro GN4 10w40

I never have had any blow back issues yet, though I cannot get the engine to spin any faster than 6500 RPM or thereabouts, as measured with a TrailTech TTO tachometer.

Is there a baffle or similar device that is supposed to separate the oil from the air or is it just a device to prevent oil from being slung into the vent tube hole? Is this something that could be normal in my engine but installed wrong by the factory, or somehow became dislocated in Mr. Minecraft's engine?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey now! That means that I was cheated! My HuaSheng only has a little black plastic cap that has no dip stick. It is a PITA to thread back into the hole too.

I fill my HuaSheng with oil until it starts to come back out of the fill hole. Then I let it sit there for a while until it stops drooling all over the place.
While my technique may be a bit oddball, this provides the correct oil level per the owner's manual.
Then I mess with the filler cap and curse at it until it threads in smoothly and tighten it down. I clean up the drool mess with brake cleaner.
Oil currently used for break in is HondaPro GN4 10w40

I never have had any blow back issues yet, though I cannot get the engine to spin any faster than 6500 RPM or thereabouts, as measured with a TrailTech TTO tachometer.

Is there a baffle or similar device that is supposed to separate the oil from the air or is it just a device to prevent oil from being slung into the vent tube hole? Is this something that could be normal in my engine but installed wrong by the factory, or somehow became dislocated in Mr. Minecraft's engine?
Yes, there is a little reed valve and baffles that should keep most of the crankcase pressure oil free by the time it reaches the breather tube. Sounds like over fillment of oil too me.....

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
I am scared to think how fast I am pushing my engine 0_0. I Get to a point where it is spinning and the whole bike vibrates, then it starts to go even faster and the vibrations are gone and i am sailing down the street.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I am scared to think how fast I am pushing my engine 0_0. I Get to a point where it is spinning and the whole bike vibrates, then it starts to go even faster and the vibrations are gone and i am sailing down the street.
You is over revving your motor because the Phantom guys under geared your bike.

20 5:1 Grubee 4 G

11 ? Is this correct?
At motor redline of 7800 rpm = 27 mph

10,000 rpm = only 34.7 mph

11,000 rpm = only 38.2 mph

How fast are you going?
Ask T Blow what happens when you run your motor over 10,000 rpm. :D

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
According to the guys at Phantom bikes, I should be able to go WOT all day with no problems. John said that is what he does to all their bikes and they have had no problems...

And my bike seems to be geared fine because It almost struggles to get up hills, and I have good speed. I will buy a tachometer and see what it says.