where do you buy your bikes?

GoldenMotor.com

buttafinguz

Mar 7, 2012
nashville
I was looking for something black, white walls with some forks.... maybe streched, but don't have to be. asking here first.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
$250-$300 shipped. Yeah, I'm cheap.
I asked the exact same question over in the cruiser section: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=36432

I ended up finding a nice Dyno, but it was the smaller 24" frame and just a tad too small for me, so it ended up going to a neighbor. For the time being I am moving forward with a Huffy Cranbrook I picked up for cheeeeeap on CL, while waiting for a better frame to come along, lol. The good thing is that anything I pick up for motorization can be switched over to another frame :)

Good luck!

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
a few good old bikes can be found for cheap on craigslist, i got a 64' schwinn racer for 50 bucks,a occ, china built, for 50, a new, china crap, huffy cranbrook "crapbroke" i bought at wal-mart for 80, not recomended. ive seen a couple old school bikes on e-bay for good price. as for a new good quality bike check out the bikes at pirate cycles or the bikes from the other sponsers on this site.try to stay away from china built, as hard as that is these days. nothing against china. lol, but its hard to beat good quality american built.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I'm a real cheapskate.
only bicycle I bought was $10 at the thrift store.
All the rest were gratis.
Give-aways on CL, I solicit for free bikes on CL, and, I gather up discarded bikes wherever I can find 'em. I also buy 'em for scrap metal value at the salvage yard... which means I get 'em for almost nothing, because they are pretty much a liability for them, being mixed metal, with rubber and plastic and such.
Every so often I donate a bike that is nicer, and clean, to a local charity, and I also give bikes away to local kids in need of basic transportation.
I am a devoted re-cycler, which is popular here in Kalifornia, except with landlords.
Good luck
rc

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
just looking at grubee gt1 for 250 from pirate cycles if you plan on motorizing and have the money thats the one,they also have workman bikes also worth the dime.