GT2-A frame

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Looking good. Gotta love those tensioner's. So what are you thinking for a crank? Going with a wide one piece, or a wide 3-piece, or bent cranks?

B-E.com never has the one piece's in stock, their 3 piece is cheaper than bikeberry, but it doesn't look like it has all the hardware you'll need...

B-E.com crank http://www.bicycle-engines.com/wide-crank-pedal-p-309.html

Bikeberry(looks like it has bearing races, bearings etc) http://www.bikeberry.com/widecrank.html

Have you replaced the cable in your pull-start yet? They use cheap-ass cables in those, so plan on having a brake cable handy to replace it :p

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Why are you running a chain tensioner on a frame designed to eliminate them? You shouldn't need one on that frame.

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
As far as the crank haven't made it that far yet kinda going with the cash flow as I get it I spend it! leaning towards a nice 3 piece sealed bearing set up!
The tensioner ( in case its needed ? )will be very nice if not I have another bike I'm building that I can use it for time will tell still in the mock up stages so its piece by piece till I get them all

Scooterman

Aug 4, 2012
Hills of Beverly
Wicked cool GTA2 build ...how'd it turn out? I'm seriously considering this frame for my first build, any review/tips appreciated... i.e. fork options, regular or wide cranks, etc...?
Cheers, RW

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
Thanks this is still a work in progress build had a couple of issues with the hub assembly the one way bearing that came with it was JUNK got it ride it once and the sounds that came out of it were lets just say PURE CRAP PARTS ! Thank you Gas Bikes for suck a hunk of $hit and NO HELP WITH IT AT ALL ! sorry about that but other than that very pleased with the results rides like a dream ! As far as parts/tips I'm glad I used the felt springer front end and with the wide cranks I used to work with the pull start GT5 makes for a sweet ride ! Thanks again