GT2-A frame

GoldenMotor.com

Flight Risk

Jan 25, 2010
I'll have to follow this thread. I was hoping for some info on these too.
What sort of power and accessories are you adding NastyG?
Hope it goes together for you without problems.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Can't beat an in-frame tank for style points. Purpose built solid front mount. Horizontal rear drop-outs for a nice no-idler drive chain.

That is a great Combo deal, I wish I had the bucks to pick one up.

Make sure you post lots of pics and details of your build please :) I'm curious of the fit and finish.

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
hope this frame works as good as it looks !
Flight risk this will be my 5th build and yea I will be taking pics one of the things I wish I wolud have done on the others GTB Gurbee (not to brag but the motor I got on my panama Jack 2011 build hauls my BIG ASS top speed this season 33.5 recorded with on board GPS thinking about setting it up with that motor not sure yet
Killercanuck style points was what made me get this frame I wish I would of had the money to get one had to bend the plastic (still dodgeing the wife on that one) but it's ALL about the style
The Aleman The geometry "they claim" puts the carb level position I've was hoping for I'll let you all know got my fingers crossed

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Let us know how the frame is. I am curious about these frames. An in frame tank is a nice option to have.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
This is the aluminum version of their GT-2 frame, which has been out for a few years in steel. I have one of the steel frame GT-2's and have been very pleased with it. There are really only two things I don't like about the GT2, and they're not strong dislikes, just minor points off.

1) The fuel hole is small. Using a funnel is required unless you don't mind spilling a little gas. Perhaps the GT-2A corrects this, but I doubt it.
2) The frame is a little on the short and tall side I'm 6'2 and always feel like I am sitting higher and further forward than I would like. I have a setback seat post on it now though and that seems to correct the problem.

I'd consider getting one of these frames to replace the one I have it it wasn't for the cost. $300 is more than you'd pay for a GT-2 steel COMPLETE BIKE. Perhaps it's worth it but...well...if it ain't broke...

For comparison, here's a link to my GT-2...

http://motorbicycling.com/f26/gt2-bomber-theme-20965.html

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
Set back on the frame today after patiently waiting to see movement via tracking # provided by Kings/Gas bikes got email of tracking # your order was shipped 6 days ago contacted them today and surprise “Sorry” we were to busy to ship it maybe next week ?
Should of guessed happens EVERY TIME from them !

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
Aslans Monkey thanks for the pic's you used a couple of things I was working out and yes the setback seat post was one of them NICE BUILD

Flight Risk

Jan 25, 2010
“Sorry” we were to busy to ship it maybe next week ?
Should of guessed happens EVERY TIME from them !
Maybe next week? How assuring that is.
Depending on what style you're looking for, instead of a setback seatpost, you could do a banana seat. I like mine, as I can skooch back and forward, as wanted.

FR
.ride7a

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
That is still an option wont know till I at least see the frame still working on what set of forks I want and a few other things again kinda have to look at it to know for sure Funny they weren't to busy to take my money just BS the way they work should of know when the last time I ordered something from them sent me a bad motor and refused to do anything about LIVE AND LEARN I guess

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
XMAS came early the frame finally made it and MAN does it look SWEET cant wait to dig in and start the build lots of things to figure out yet but VERY NICE WAY TO START pics soon

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA