monster cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

dan1150

Sep 25, 2011
wisconsin
Has anyone tried to motorize one of these. I don't know how to make a link to it, but it's at Coker bicycles, they make unicycles, but thay also make this 36inch wheel cruiser bike it says $699 free shipping in the continental US. It's just way cool. Check it out.

Lowandslow

Jan 24, 2011
Mesa,AZ
I recently saw this cruiser and wondered the same thing. How cool would it be to motorize THIS! Those 36'' wheels are awesome. But I think sticking a CG in something like that would be a sin! A build like that would deserve something MUCH cooler than a 2 stoke china motor. Stretch the frame and make a BTR like none seen before! I've been plotting my next build. This is on the short list now. This may get expensive fast!

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
The frame is already 10" longer to accommodate the tires and there is plenty of room for an engine in that beast. You're looking at that like it's a 26" bike. Here, this should give you an idea of how big this is compared to a cranbrook

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
The frame is already 10" longer to accommodate the tires and there is plenty of room for an engine in that beast. You're looking at that like it's a 26" bike. Here, this should give you an idea of how big this is compared to a cranbrook

I don't know, my unscientific measurements based on crank length, and handlebar grip,comparing between the two frames, shows the monster cruiser is still very narrow by the bottom bracket, and you run into the cross tube as you raise the engine higher.

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
I scaled the two images so they are the proper size as if you saw them both sitting next to each other, those aren't just two random images made into a gif.

*edit* I used tire diameter to scale them so though not exactly accurate since cruiser tires are usually 26.5" dia and I don't know the actual diameter of the 36" tires on the monster, it's as accurate as one would need for scaling and guesstimation purposes.

Last edited:

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
I thought they were scaled to each other, that is why I used things that I thought would be the same size, like handlebar grips and possibly crank length.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
With 36" tall tires, standard gear ratios will be EXTREMELY high.

It'd be fun to recalculate gearing.dance1

At 7,000rpm the 26" bike goes 36.7mph. That's @ 14.76:1 gear ratio with a 36t rear sprocket.

To get the same results, the 36" bike would need a 50t rear sprocket to be at 14.76:1 gear ratio.

With 18.75:1 gearing on a 26" bike, at 7,000rpm the bike goes 28.9mph.

You would need 25.98:1 on a 36" bike to get the same results.

Last edited: