Flip Flop Locking Question

GoldenMotor.com

tolemo

Jan 26, 2010
W Texas
Just found your thread while searching for info on the Thruster fixie. Locktite red or the(permanent) industrial shaft locking green may be good for your situation. No mixing and I've found it to be easy to use....Looking forward to your progress.

xetaprime

Aug 31, 2011
florida
Thanx tolemo, afraid I bit the bullet and drilled three holes between the sprocket and the hub, then JB Welded all threads and holes so it's on perhaps forever. The reason I did this was because the Quando hub as reviewed by some bicyclists may strip under pedal power even :0 We'll see. Tomorrow I'll be mixing gas and giving her a first go. Fingers crossed x infinity.

Regards,
Xeta

T13

Mar 19, 2012
New York
I know this thread has been dead for a while but I am doing the same install on the same bike and wanted to know how it worked out/ what ultimately ended up being the solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I have had good results bolting to a flip/flop-
you need a large flange hub with smooth undrilled sides, so you can drill the six hole pattern- and of course the sprocket has to have that pattern- it helps to have one with that already- if steel especially- because that's a tough drill-

the alloy hub on the other hand is easy- and plent strong- the six holes constitute less metal gone than most pre-drilled patterns. Here's my thread on it.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=24770

Of course, this doesn't freewheel- Boygofast on ebay sells a freewheel sprocket and huibs, but then you need a pull starter, centrifical clutch, and then wider cranks

With my set-up, if you use a 415 Trike chain, the pedalling resistence is minimized- really not too shabby-

I've thought about posting a thread
"I'll bet my motor bike pedals easier than your pedal bike!"-
that would apply to quite a lot of bikes out there at least

heres a great inexpensive 34 alloy sprock with the six inner drillings- a 66 should pull most riders on street use, if running correctly otherwise and not too massive climbs. I can cruise at 30 still not wide open throttle.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/34-T-Sprocket-Bicycle-Engine-Kit-Motorized-Bike-/120873449494
This thing is featherweight- get some M5 x 20/25 TITANIUM bolts and you've save a ton of weight compared to a kit set-up.

good luck

Last edited: