old guy needs some help.

GoldenMotor.com

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
Hello martin, looking for an american made 4130 cromo frame? looking for a 4 stroke 35cc subaru quality engine and a Staton transmission? want handbuilt wheels? want it delivered to your door complete ready to ride? want the best? look no further www.designlogicbikes

Martin 1940D28

Aug 24, 2011
massachusetts
Crash Vester, Right you are. Guess I've been living too far in the past. Tis hard for me to believe what is available today. I'll continue to pedal and enjoy my older toy. To start, I've ordered a Grubee GT1, and ended up with a GT2, and an EZM. Will let you know how we make out. Dave C, BINGO, Lance Portwoff, Thanks for the reply. Will have a lot of questions coming. Once again THANKS ALL. Martin 1940D28

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
Wow old man! <snip>.Now for the advice. (1) Go with a simple 2 stroke. Fairly easy to build, much more common, easyer to get help if you have a problem because there is so many people out there that have built them, and they are more powerfull than you would think. (2) Forget the cruiser. Go with a mountian bike. The coaster brake is a real nightmare to deal with. The rear hub on a crusier is as big round, and in some cases bigger round than the center hole in the spocket. The rear hub on a mountian bike isn't much bigger than a pencil and the sproket fits nicly on the spokes. Good luck, and have fun old man.
======================
Get a hub-sprocket adapter, It will save a lotta grief and make builds easier and when you decide to change bikes, a lot easier to transfer motor gear to the new one

yodar

Martin 1940D28

Aug 24, 2011
massachusetts
Thanks so much, folks, for all the help. I've been dealing with "Pirate Bikes", thanks to "Wild Alaskan", as they are just a few miles from me. Great help and superb service, going out of their way. I truly do appreciate all the folks that posted in order to try to help me. THANK YOU! Martin 1940D28

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
I wish I had such good service. Over a week ago I ordered on the phone $70 worth of items and charges from an advertiser on this list. It was my second order with the company whose shipment practices didn't exactly meet my needs, so I was inconvenienced..

THIS time, after a week I had received no acknowledgement or shipping notice.

On inquiry with order number I FINALLY got acknowledgement that shipping had occurred the day they received my Inquiry.

I DON'T like that kind of business, and I will REMEMBER the uninterested way they attended to my order when I select ANOTHER vendor for the motor I must buy for my truck bike.

I meed a pull-start 50 cc centrifugal clutch 2 stroke notor . You may reach me off list ([email protected])

Yodar
(words MEAN things)