You never what you'll see at the donut shop

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Along with the usual assortment of motorized bicycles.

And Banzai John's fresh build. A 3hp motor with an autoclutch. Very nice running bike. Says he's going to sell it to finance his next project.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
today was nice. not too cold. rode 6 miles home with msrfan and checked out his vast collection of 4 stroke motors. funny thing, all the lawns in his tract were overgrown. i think dale might be doing a little lawnmower hijacking in the middle of the night...;)

seriously, he's got a ton of cool stuff. could probably build 10 bikes, if he had the time...

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
very nice msrfan......
Thanks, map, I've been going every Saturday and always find different stuff to photo. The hard core guys get there around 5:00 a.m. and hundreds of vehicles come and go until 9:00 when the businesses start opening. My group usually shows up at 7:00 or so because some don't have lights. It's a nice way to start the weekend.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
today was nice. not too cold. rode 6 miles home with msrfan and checked out his vast collection of 4 stroke motors. funny thing, all the lawns in his tract were overgrown. i think dale might be doing a little lawnmower hijacking in the middle of the night...;)

seriously, he's got a ton of cool stuff. could probably build 10 bikes, if he had the time...
You know baird, the neighbors used to give me their old junk until they see what I do with it. Now they keep it in hopes of building something themselves. Next time you stop by, we'll go in my back yard and I'll show you what's inside my barn, 5 sheds, tree house and under a tarp. Yes, we had a nice visit and talked about the upcoming race. Looks like it will be a winner and I'm trying to squeeze it in between project deadlines. If we can keep the momentum going with Neil and baird's races throughout the year, they will be able to keep putting them on. Just a thought. If you want to race or spectate but can't make it in person every time, I'm sure the promoters would appreciate a small donation toward the cause. A few bucks from a few people may make the difference. With help from advertisers, racers, pit crews, spectators and enthusiasts, it should be a great year.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Sounds like me a 28X48 pole barn full,yard full 2 sheds full But I am selling a lot at swap meets. I am 70 so not nuch time to all and will wittle down to just a couple of projects. Even sold some bikes..........Curt

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Sounds like me a 28X48 pole barn full,yard full 2 sheds full But I am selling a lot at swap meets. I am 70 so not nuch time to all and will wittle down to just a couple of projects. Even sold some bikes..........Curt
Don't get in to big of a hurry selling your stuff Curt, you got a lot of years of biking left in ya.

Map

brnot

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Not to wory Keeping the good stuff. Weeding out the cars and lawn tractors going down to just what I need or want to keep. The rest would never get done anyway..........Curt

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
QUOTE=curtisfox;369269]Not to wory Keeping the good stuff. Weeding out the cars and lawn tractors going down to just what I need or want to keep. The rest would never get done anyway..........Curt[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, I did that a couple years ago myself, hated to take that big load of (good stuff) across the scales but, I knew I would never get around to doing what I had planned for it, couple things I wish I had back now, but it's long gone so that's a done deal.

If I can ever get my shop finished I'll focus on my bikes more than anything else as far as these type of things go, seems I run out of time and money way before ideas and plans thats for sure, but I guess we all do that to some extent, regular working people like myself can only do so much, so I just make the best of what I have to work with, but I always enjoy every minute of it.

For example, look at the pick, I have me a wonderful multi purpose vehicle, it will plow, it'll mow the grass, I can grade my driveway, it'll scoop, it'll dig, it'll run me up to the mailbox, but best of all it'll Bar- BQ, now how can it get much better than this....LOL!

With one of these and a couple a china girl inducted peddle bikes, what else does a fella really need beside a chair and something cold to drink on a nice sunny day in the Lone Star State........!

Map (^) dance1

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Here's a bike (the Gold mans Bike) that I hope to make a reall good ride out of when I can get the walls up on the shop floor you can see in the background, just one of many things I'm hoping to get done before to long if all goes well with my job, and the whole bottom don't fall out anytime soon...LOL

Map

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Sold some bikes like that but still have some. I have a small Case tractor like that but not 4 wheel drive. That is another project I will be doing this summer. I have another rear end and going to cut in two and articulate it. I also picked up some 10" wide mag wheels frome the recycling center,and have 4 brand new skid loader tires mounted on for the tractor. I am also in the proses of cleaning the shop my son helped me insulate the celing and sheet rocked so now can run the furnice all winter.redid all the shelfs and everything is in boxes,am sorting insted of just putting everything back.
I have been retired for 12years now and still don't seem to get it done like I used to so get it done when your are young..............Curt