Frame or Back mount???

GoldenMotor.com

Chitty

Jun 3, 2008
Souris Manitoba Canada
Hello all it's been a while since I have been here, but I have a question. I had a frame mounted China girl 49cc a couple of years ago, but got rid of it. It is still running for the old fellow I sold it to, and he runs it daily in the summer. I never liked the messy chain, and was thinking about getting a Daemon 31cc friction mount. What are these like, better or worse than what I had? Our gas prices jumped to $1.149 a litre or about $4.60 a US gallon. I am looking for this for a go to work rig that is about 2 miles one way. My knees are shot or I would just pedal a bike.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Can't comment on that particular set up, but rear mount (rack mounts) are generally easier to set up and maintain.

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
I agree with bikeguy joe. I have both a 66cc china girl in frame and a thatsdax rack mount friction drive with his xc50s. The 4 cycle xc50s is quiet has plenty of get up and go and the friction drive was a breeze to set up. Took about an hour and a half and I was taking my time with it. Maintainance is as easy as checking a few nuts and bolts, tire pressure, and chainging your oil on time. For ease of use go with a quality rack mount and 4 stroke motor.