KC takes a spill...

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Nothing to it really...

http://www.youtube.com/v/XsMrPmUQBGs

I was getting a video in the muffler shop parking lot of my bikes Expansion Chamber with the stinger off before I put my new custom pipe on.

I hit a patch of gravel in the turn and went down.

Sure the fall hurt a little, but I didn't have a chain guard over my Jackshaft top gear and it caught my pant leg. You can see in the video how I am fighting to get my right leg free.

That was a little worse.

I got a pretty good sized skin graft.
They took a chunk of flesh out my abdomen.
The surgeon joked I got a free Tummy Tuck, ya, like I needed one.

The whole story with more pics is here KC's Kruisers - Motorized Bike Forum - KC's Nasty Bike Spill

I did however tough it out and stayed at the muffler shop until they got the new pipe mounted and then rode it home before I went to the hospital and I think it turned it pretty well.

My seat and black box took a hit in the wreck, but other than those cosmetic things she rode home fine.

Note I named her after the crash.

It will be another week at least before I can ride again, I am still on crutches, but I'll get a video of how she sounds with the new pipe.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Man I'm sorry to hear that KC. Of all the crashes I've had, on pedal bikes and motor bikes, there are only a few that I didn't ride away from. I think that is the best way to deal with crashes.

Hope you're back riding again soon.

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
man that picture was knarly... keep it clean, infections suck.

hope everything turns out ok.

nice bike.... did the muffler shop make the expansion chamber too?

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Dang man that sucks and it makes me grateful that in my crash that was almost identical to yours that the only thing that got hurt was my gas lever and my tank got three dents but I came came out unhurt. And that is one nice bike may I ask what did ya name her? Cristine would be a good name for her lol.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Wow,Some hole in the leg there,how many needed for the full tummy tuck?
sorry for your rough ride though,really!
and as said before watch for infection

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
KC,
It looks like you did the same thing I did about a year ago. Did you hit that low pedal on the ground? It is the classic biker goof, turning on the low pedal. I did mine in the middle of a street while a neighbor and his guest was watching. I made a 'U' turn and the low pedal caught the pavement...a half second later I was on the ground. Luckily all I got was skinned knuckles and hurt pride. Yours looks worse. Bet it's sore today.
Tom

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I feel for you man. I've was unable to ride for weeks after my accident and, when I finally saw my wrecked motorbike that friends brought home to me, I realized I didn't have anything to ride thereafter anyway. Glad you had no broken bones, those REALLY suck. Stay safe, KC. There are still too few of us out there.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Ouch!

Folks - Use your chain guard. That's what they are for - to prevent jean grab.
Stuff I learned myself as a teenager. My old Huffy once took a bite out of my Bugle Boys like they were cheap fast food, and put some nifty red lines up my leg too. I not only put the chainguard back on, to this day when I ride I tuck my pants in my socks and my laces into my shoes. I don't care if I look like a goof that way. It beats kissing asphalt.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
...when I ride I tuck my pants in my socks and my laces into my shoes. I don't care if I look like a goof that way. It beats kissing asphalt.
I use those small bungee cords, fold pants leg towards the outside of your leg and put the bungee cord on. Works great and I don't look like such a goof. Shoelaces I just double knot so they are too short to get caught up in anything.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Thanks guys.
And I did it ride the bike home from the muffler shop with the new muffler on it before I went to the hospital.
All the wreck did to the bike was nick the seat and black box.
nice bike.... did the muffler shop make the expansion chamber too?
No. The Xchamber is SickBikeParts, I just mounted it different than the examples they show, and added my custom muffler to it.

She is named too. Bad Mojo. I made a sticker and put it right on the pipe this week. Seemed like a fitting name for the beast.

With the tricked out motor and NuVinci Dev Kit automatic transmission she just flat jumps up and goes quick, but and I can't ride it!!!!

That's OK for now.
It gives me more time for cosmetic details.

I'll let the belly stitches and graft heal for now.
Yes, it was a pretty sizable chunk out for a free 'tummy tuck', but it fit the wound perfect.

Spring is all but here in the desert now.
I mean come on, this a screen shot of the weather right now at 4:30PM at my house.

Perfect riding weather so I can't stay down long, and then I'll get some video and numbers.

Considering all the time and money I really need to enjoy it now ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC,
It looks like you did the same thing I did about a year ago. Did you hit that low pedal on the ground?
Nope.
Watch the video in slow motion.
I hit the gravel and dirt in transition from asphalt to concrete and the front wheel gave out and slid and down I went.

I wasn't really hurt at all on the ground with the bike on my left leg.
My right leg just came down on the still turning jackshaft gear and it caught my jeans leg.

You can see my trying to pull the leg up until the jeans filling sliced through.
I have that chunk of jeans I took out of the sprocket right here, with my flesh on it and everything, way creepy.

I use the kit chain guard when I can, but simply can't on this bike.
If you look, the pedal cranks are forward of the seat tube. That changes the angle from the 'mean gear' to the cranks so much the chain won't go under the motors clutch cover and had to go outside it.
The stock chain guard won't fit over it.

No biggie, fab time I can do while I can't ride unless I need supplies for it.

That's what bites the most.
I could do 'this' if I had 'that', but no way to get 'that' myself.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Gnarly bite she took out of you, the name definitely fits her. Get well soon, if you get temped and go for a spin, keep the sand out of it. :p Best wishes!