Drag Bike :D

GoldenMotor.com

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
Hello everyone i know there are a few old farts around here .Maybe some of you know what a vintage yamaha kt-100 is 2 stroke go kart race motor 100cc 14,500 rpm .I have one lying around cause i have been working on go karts since the last time i was on here (Over a year ago) . I have gotten a few ideas to make my own mount hook up a gas tank a clutch to the motor the chain to the rear sprocket (Has to be either 35 chain or 219 ) .They will push 70-100 on a race kart frame with some good tweaking and some good frame prep i think it would be a nice drag bike .

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yes... the KT 100 engine would make for a really fun ride on a bicycle, just make sure you don't go cheap on the frame or wheels. This is the easy part if you can weld and own a welder tho...
You'll definitely want some good brakes to go with a build like this as well.

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
i actually have a kt-100 sitting here taken apart on the floor my dads a great welder and i will prob find a big beach cruiser to handle the power with big tires .I tried using a road bike with a 80cc and it tore it apart because there so small .So bigger is better in this case.Everyone talks about having a china predator on there bikes and being happy try a kt-100 it will blow any predator or any honda or clone out of the water .

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
i actually have a kt-100 sitting here taken apart on the floor my dads a great welder and i will prob find a big beach cruiser to handle the power with big tires .I tried using a road bike with a 80cc and it tore it apart because there so small .So bigger is better in this case.Everyone talks about having a china predator on there bikes and being happy try a kt-100 it will blow any predator or any honda or clone out of the water .
I have seen a KT 100 mounted in a stretch bicycle at one of the Willow Springs races.

Last edited by a moderator: