I ride to work but i always ride for fun. how about you!

GoldenMotor.com

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Hmm.. I put mine together with stock studs and nuts. I put blue lock tight on them and have never worried or touched any bolt or not on this in 500 miles. Only thing that has gone wrong is the bearings in my rear wheel gave out because I didn't bother to regrease it. Not the engines fault. There's even a slab of rubber between the seattube mount. No problems with it

If you have issues with your bike everytime you ride it, then the best thing would be to build it right. And by building it right I mean following Al.fisherman's guide.

I ride my bike to school every day except when it is raining or snowing. WOT all the time.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I ride for errends at work an for fun, ya know all those times I dont want to start my gas guzzling truck , on the average for work I may put on ten miles twice a week if it isnt raining an a good weekend ride may be 40 or 50 miles , its always a mood changer when I drop my butt in the saddle an start the motor , an every now an then I may have to snug up a bolt or a screw here an there .just followed the advice on here an I have a very reliable lil machine .
Gary

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Purely pleasure. Before I retired I had an 80 mile a day commute, mostly highway so a motor bike wouldn't have been practical. Now I use my bikes for trips to the library, about once a week, 12 miles round trip, and just cruises around my end of town. Occasionally getting together with other area riders for daylong runs that average 50 miles.
I really enjoy staying in the 18 to 25mph range but short WOT blasts are fun too. There's a Dairy Queen near my neighborhood and every Sunday evening, weather permitting, the hot rod crowd gathers to show off their cars and listen to music. I go and alternate between taking my car or a motorbike. My bikes get as much and sometimes more attention than the car. Everyone knows what a hot rod is but not everyone is familiar with a motorized bicycle.
Tom

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
I certainly used to ride for work and pleasure on the good'ol HT's.

Now i'm back in a car again though I have sold both my HT's and am using a ktm clone in my ride.

If I were to ride that thing every day I reckon I probly wouldn't be writing this right now.

I actually get abit scared of it tbh.. I seem to loose all self control on the thing and ride like im on a death wish, nothing like taking the corners like a demon and pulling out hard.

Guess thats what makes it so much fun when I jump on once a week.