New engine

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
First run on my 2 smoker yesterday and I went to get the info off the carb, which there is nothing, and I noticed the chrome on the muffler is slightly tarnished. It is not running too hot is it? I ran it for 10 to 15 minutes at the most. Don't want to trash it this soon. I also noticed the drive chain must have streached some during that run. Guess this bike is going to be like a helicopter, run for one hour and work for two but that is what it is about huh. Give a little input about the hot looking exhaust mffler. gphil

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Look at the plug, that will tell you more about how it's running....you want brown to black, not grey or white.

The chrome is thin and cheap and some blue and some don't.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Gary,
You said you ran it "for 10 to 15 minutes". I hope you meant you were riding, not sitting still. You have to remember these are 'air cooled' engines and rely on moving air passing over the cylinder head and cylinder cooling fins to run at design temperature. Prolonged running when the bike is setting still can cause overheating. Ride that puppy and don't run it stopped for extended periods.

If possible post a photo of your carburetor and we'll identify it for you.

Tom