Clutch!!!

GoldenMotor.com

recon chris

Apr 28, 2011
pacific grove
So I was putting my engine on my bike today and everything was going smooth until I tried to put my clutch cover on. I had the ball and bar in the clutch and the bucking bar was in a position such that it would have been disengaged.

When I went to put it on it stopped short about half an inch of sealing with the crank case. The bar was inserted in the right place on the clutch cover but the bar was too far out. I have no idea how this can be. I haven’t touched the internal clutch separation assembly so it’s at its stock settings that it has always been at. No matter how hard I try the bar won’t move in. I have taken the clutch plate and flower nut off the other side of the clutch assembly thinking it was out of adjustment but that did nothing. The clutch bar won’t go in to its original position and there is nothing blocking it to do so.

Any help would be great I’m totally baffled why this would happen it doesn’t seem there would be any reason for it to act this way.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Nothing is wrong.
While you were loosening the clutch cover, you probably did not notice that the bar and ball were being pushed out by the internal clutch spring.
Install the clutch cover and push against it while tightening the screws, and it will all go back together.

recon chris

Apr 28, 2011
pacific grove
Yes your right rohmel I instaled the clutch cover and nothing was wrong with it, it worked fine. Sorry i had been asembeling my engine all afternoon and I was geting burnt out.

Thanks for the help guys.