What is this mystery part please??

GoldenMotor.com

baD mR fRosTy

Sep 14, 2011
Halifax
Yikes...I've 3/4 finished a 69cc (80) kit, and still have NO IDEA what this thing is. I got the motor from boysgofast in Calgary AB, and honestly, so far I have found two parts to be missing. The "half-moon" metal backs, and the fuel stop-cock. I am assured they are on the way.

But what on earth is THIS thing? It's in their Ebay picture, and trust me, I have been perusing you folks' vids and instructions for two days now, and cannot see it ever being used, or even shown.

It looks to my truck-driving eyes like some kind of "one-size fits all" drain plug for a large oil pan!

LOl...any help please?

Attachments

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
It's a puller that that is used to remove the 10 tooth sprocket,
the small bevel gear and the clutch from the motor.
You flip it over and reverse the screw to thread into all 3 parts

Hopefully you won't need to use it. :)

Yikes...I've 3/4 finished a 69cc (80) kit, and still have NO IDEA what this thing is. I got the motor from boysgofast in Calgary AB, and honestly, so far I have found two parts to be missing. The "half-moon" metal backs, and the fuel stop-cock. I am assured they are on the way.

But what on earth is THIS thing? It's in their Ebay picture, and trust me, I have been perusing you folks' vids and instructions for two days now, and cannot see it ever being used, or even shown.

It looks to my truck-driving eyes like some kind of "one-size fits all" drain plug for a large oil pan!

LOl...any help please?

Last edited:

baD mR fRosTy

Sep 14, 2011
Halifax
OK...thanks for that!
I couldn't for the LIFE of me figure it out - and with the two missing parts - I started wondering if someone got it mixed up in the warehouse, lol!
Until I went back and saw the pic...
thx

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Yea I didn't know what that was either. Reminded me of a motorcycle multiple socket axle tool. There is another tool that confused me. The long hollow tool with socket shape cut outs on the end. I found out it goes on the front sprocket to make it easier for the chain to spin on.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Yea I didn't know what that was either. Reminded me of a motorcycle multiple socket axle tool. There is another tool that confused me. The long hollow tool with socket shape cut outs on the end. I found out it goes on the front sprocket to make it easier for the chain to spin on.
Do you think that it might be in the kit so you can remove the spark plug too? :)