Speed calculator

GoldenMotor.com

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I am thinking when entering the motor rpm that what we are really using is the clutch sproket rpm which is about 1/4 the motor rpm???
and if 6000-7000 is about safe high motor rpm ,then the sproket rpm is 1500-1700 rpm to enter into the calculator (this seemed to make the mph come out like I hear on the threads all the time)
I am talking about a china girl

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Those speed calculators are great when you have a powerfull engine... unfortunately, our little china engines just don't have the power to push bicycles much past 40MPH.
I can't tell you how many times I've read guys saying "with this sprocket, my bike will go 57 MPH..." & then they only find out that their bike only goes slower with that small sprocket. :(
There are several guys here who have really fast bikes; but their engines are heavily modified.

Bob Gurkin

Jan 1, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I used to think I wanted to go fast on a bicycle until a friend wrecked his at 25mph. A month in the hospital and I doubt that he will ever be 100%

big-e

Jan 21, 2011
st augustine FL
i dont have anything specific to a bike motor.My motor is from a almost new 42cc poulan chainsaw. Unfortuanantly i have a 20 tooth clutch sprocket and a 40 tooth drive sprocket. ill put up pics when i get them. Expect my bike to look like a motorcycle. No pedals here and a long chopped fork with ape hangers on it too. imturniong my front triangle into the gas tank. like i said ill post pics wheni get things done to the bike.

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
I am facing a dilemma. I have a direct drive clutch (10T) to a 36T axle sprocket with a 26 inch diameter wheel. The calculator says that at 2000 RPM (when clutch engages) I'll be going at 43 mph. I may have a bad setup. My engine does not have built in gear reduction.

I've read that people are switching over to 36T sprocket, so I bought one, but those people had those little 50cc engines with built in gear reduction. Now I don't know what to do, I've spent $80 on parts already.