A Question for Micargi stretch owners.

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
How tall are you? I've been eyeing the mustang for awhile, I'm six-two, and have a 36" inseam, needless to say I want to stretch out a bit. I took a look at Motokity's puma build and I likes it. Any tall folk know of a comfy bike for the long limbed?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
How tall are you? I've been eyeing the mustang for awhile, I'm six-two, and have a 36" inseam, needless to say I want to stretch out a bit. I took a look at Motokity's puma build and I likes it. Any tall folk know of a comfy bike for the long limbed?
The Micargi JAOS 3.1 will let you stretch out some.

I'm 6'2 with a 36" inseam too, well I did, I thinks it's 35" now that gravity has had over half a century to compress me ;-}

I prefer a tall bike like a 29'er with pedals slightly forward of the saddle like this Micargi Fatal Love to stretch my legs.

It has room to fit a big engine too.

If you really want to get comfortable, like an easy chair and stretch out your legs elevated however, a recumbent trike may be just the ticket.

I have a customer build on just such a trike that will be delivered here Monday.

Basically a Lay-Z-Boy recliner with wheels.
I'm putting a 7-speed 48V ~1KW system on that and even with 24" wheels it should feel like riding a rocket sled in a recliner.
I'll know darn soon ;-}

http://motorbicycling.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I'm about six feet myself and the bike has a little room to grow. I'm not cramped at all, it's a very comfy ride wether I pedal or not.I think the mustang and puma are about the same length wise

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
As always, you guys rock, I was hoping to hear from you two fellows in particular, Motokity because he's got one, and KC because you build so many. KC, don't be surprised if I ask you questions about more frames and bikes, now that I know we've similar measurements.

I'm very interested in the Mustang, I don't much care for the tank frame look of the puma. Firmstrong builds a nice looking bike too, but I think I'll go with Micargi, unless anyone can speak to the build quality of both.

What hub adapter works best with all those spokes? I'm not above using a different rear wheel, and in fact I'm leaning toward mags anyway.

vatoed

May 28, 2016
Chicago, IL USA
I'm building a Puma as well and I'm going to get one of those Aluminum sprocket adapters and just remove 6 spokes in total (3 from one side and the opposite) to make room for the studs to poke through the wheel. I figure with all them spokes this wheel will still be stronger than most. Who knows, maybe the pattern will look cool in motion.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
On mine I just loosened up the ones that were in the way and bent the spokes and tightened em. I had thought about removing some but was told by others to bend em instead. It worked out great and you can't tell that some are bent unless you're looking for it.