Drive Electric Week

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked826 View Post
"The batteries I'm using need to be babysat, coddled, and constantly monitored."

That's pretty much how Carol describes me. snork

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked826 View Post
"The batteries I'm using need to be babysat, coddled, and constantly monitored."

That's pretty much how Carol describes me. snork
LOL The battery drain from just sitting unused is pretty amazing actually. If they drop too low there can be irreversible cell damage. Charged too high and they can burst into flames.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
miked826 - Does you battery pack have a BMS? I thought the BMS made charging LiPo batteries pretty simple. I'm still using SLAs.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Mike

Perhaps you should consider a mature battery chemistry, like NiMh.

NiMh will accept series charging with simple current limiting, and don't care what state of charge you leave them at.

Big boys like Toshiba, Sony & Apple still have trouble keeping the pin in the Lithium hand grenade 100% of the time.

Flügelwagen

Mar 24, 2010
Los Angeles
This show was great. Congrats to Darren for putting on this huge event. Here are some electric bike related photos from the Juicer booth;

Hey, that's Kacy from Marrs Electric!

Bonneville eRecord holder, Brandon Miller watches MC club members check out Captain Electrica.