has anyone seen this?

GoldenMotor.com

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Looks revolutionary and retro, with the engine spinning around the fixed shaft like the radial cylinder design. I might have read the spec sheet too fast.
No idling, could be good or bad depending if you're going uphill or downhill.
I like it! :D
On second look its a fixed motor. What a great idea!

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Guys, from an engineering stand point:

This is a classic example of smoke and mirrors. Look through the site, (it is nicely done), and find one shred of evidence that this will actually work as advertised and at a price that any one would be willing to pay!!!

The first person to show me I'm wrong get's a free clutch actuator...The first person that tells me WHY this won't work, also get's a free clutch kit.

Now for more fun...I just have to do this because I've seen so many awesome websites that portray revolutionary products that aren't even remotely realistic.

The T/C engine is a classic example of computer technology run wild...(Smoke and Mirrors).

The inventor of the T/C engine called and asked that I download the files and quote a prototype of his engine...He found me through the B.R.E. website. I looked at his 3D CAD files and realized immediately that there was no way this was going to work. I called him back and asked him if the engineering had been finalized...Oh yes he says, just quote the parts...O.K. no problem. My quote was 98K. He says great!, now can you guarantee it will work!!! Of course NOT, you said the engineering was done...I'm just going to make the parts!!!

Look through this site...the first person to figure out why this engne will not work, will get a clutch kit and the product of thier choice! Billet this, billet that, you decide.

(Don't look for complicated stuff...the web site is nice but the engine is horribly flawed)

Jim

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Hey, what a great idea for a scam. Dream up something revolutionary that looks plausible, but can't really be accomplished. Instead of spending millions on R&D, just do up some great drawings, hire someone to "build" it...someone with assets.

When it doesnt' work, sue him out of house and home. Voila. Got house, home, and the shirt of his back for the measely sum of 98K.

Luckily our local Clutch Meister didn't just fall off a turnip truck!

Good story Jim.

Maybe Revo Cyles there should team up with Moller to make a flying bicycle that's computer controlled by a palm pilot!

Brenton

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I think it wont work because of the way the motor sits inside the wheel. First I believe the motor is too big to ft inside a standard wheel, what with the carb, clutch and all the other little stuff that goes with any motor no matter how big or small it is. I also can't see the motor staying stationary while turning the wheel around itself.
Just some guesses after a long day.

really I'm just hoping I get lucky and win a clutch kit as my clutch has been acting up since I got the motor and I can't afford that nice clutch kit.

Last edited:

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Yup, I also think it won't work. When the wheel spins with the engine, there is a centrifugal force, so it would be very difficult to regulate the fuel flow even with a good carburetor, unless the carburetor is mounted outside the wheel, but then you have to solve the problem of intake leaks. The fuel line or intake manifold has to be dead center inside the axle. Also, with the centrifugal force, it would mean all the residual oil and carbon would accumulate inside the cylinder. I don't see any smoke from the engine in their video. I think they used an electric hub in the demo video.

For the T/C engine, the airflow is blocked on the other side. How would the air flow? and the spark plug fires outside the cylinder, then the piston and crank is pretty quite useless. And for the engine to have a rotational force, it has to be eccentric, like the rotary engine in Mazda or the rotary compressor in airconditioners.

Is Creative engineering really serious about this clutch actuator?

Last edited:

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
Guys, from an engineering stand point:

This is a classic example of smoke and mirrors. Look through the site, (it is nicely done), and find one shred of evidence that this will actually work as advertised and at a price that any one would be willing to pay!!!

The first person to show me I'm wrong get's a free clutch actuator...The first person that tells me WHY this won't work, also get's a free clutch kit.

Now for more fun...I just have to do this because I've seen so many awesome websites that portray revolutionary products that aren't even remotely realistic.

The T/C engine is a classic example of computer technology run wild...(Smoke and Mirrors).

The inventor of the T/C engine called and asked that I download the files and quote a prototype of his engine...He found me through the B.R.E. website. I looked at his 3D CAD files and realized immediately that there was no way this was going to work. I called him back and asked him if the engineering had been finalized...Oh yes he says, just quote the parts...O.K. no problem. My quote was 98K. He says great!, now can you guarantee it will work!!! Of course NOT, you said the engineering was done...I'm just going to make the parts!!!

Look through this site...the first person to figure out why this engne will not work, will get a clutch kit and the product of thier choice! Billet this, billet that, you decide.

(Don't look for complicated stuff...the web site is nice but the engine is horribly flawed)

Jim
Well I got several reservations about it. One, it's only 25cc. Two, the engine is spinning with the wheel, how would the fuel get to the carb? Three, with out a fuel pump, the fuel would have to be gravity fed like on a traditional motocycle or a chengine motored bicycle so where is the fuel pump?. Four, how would the engine get consistant fuel from the carb with it spinning?

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
the motor is supposed to be stationary, not spin with the wheel but spin the wheel around itself. I just don't see how that could work though.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Okay I watched the video's and stared at that one pic with the engine all exposed.
I see the fuel tank is on the frame where a water bottle would normally go. I also see that both the fuel line and the throttle feeds thru the axle.
I don't see a spark plug wire but see an exposed spark plug. Right there I would have to question this. Unless it's a small wire that needs to hug stuff so it don't snag. I see what appears also to be a very small engine.
The intake is covered up the exhaust looks like it also serves as a counterweight.
Aside from the lack of a spark plug wire and the questionable how does the fuel get to the engine although a fuel pump can rather go in that intake enclosure,you got me stumped cause the riding video's under gallery and video's show people actually riding this thing.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
the motor is supposed to be stationary, not spin with the wheel but spin the wheel around itself. I just don't see how that could work though.
No, I think that the motor spins with the wheel. The reason being is that if you look at different pics of the bike, the engine is in different locations in regards to the forks. I've narrowed my problems to three things now:

1: It will need a fuel pump. Where is it?

2: Where's the coil and coil wire?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I said it before and I'll say it again...Jim Bede.....Preston Tucker....the guy who has the commuter plane that is supposed to be in everymans garage.

It won't work just because someone is good with autocad.

BTW- during WWI the engines in most planes spun with the prop. (rotary configuration) Later, they fixed the crankcase to the firewall and then only the prop spun (radial configuration).

Do I get an actuator?:D

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I was watching a series on Discovery last summer where some guys were traveling across the country in a van that ran on vegetable oil and they were exploring other green things along the way. They were riding some of these bicycles. I'm not sure if it was the same company or not, but it was the same idea. They showed how they made them. And the guys were actually tooling around on them. The engine stayed stationary, and it was all gear driven. But they didn't idle. I didn't like that part........................

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Joe,

You're absolutely right on this one!!!...In the past few years I've seen a wave of pretty renderings coming out of CAD systems that show things that couldn't possibly work.

I use the latest and greatest in CAD systems, and with enough messin' around with the settings you can easily create a rendering that will fool someone into thinking it's a photo of a real product.

Jim

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Ilikeabikea,

I'm sure it could be made to work! Revo probably has a working prototype of some sort. The red flag for me was the website...it just has that classic "reel in the investors" look to it. There are a lot of computer generated renderings on the site. Some of the ones that look like photos are not.

Unless I missed something...The exploded view on the "design" page doesn't show enough to fully understand how it works. From what I see it appears that engine and all rotates wth the wheel. It looks like the wheel and housing are all one piece. There are missing pieces to the puzzle...which may have been left out intentionally...but if it's patented why not show it all. It would have been better to show nothing.

I may have jumped the gun on this one, but then again I'm in a business where this type of stuff comes up all the time!

Jim

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
The crankshaft locked to the dropouts and the crankcase spinning around it, along with the wheel. Talk about a low RPM engine!

I remember some broo hah hah about this engine a few years ago. It's kinda obvious why it won't (when stopped) idle - when it's tooling down the boulevard it's idling! At least what a normal engine considers idling. Or maybe even lower than that.

Maybe when my meds do their thing this morning I'll feel like calculating the RPM at 20 MPH. :(

Ted