Just bought 4 stroke Chinese bicycle engine frame mounting kit

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
You came to the right place to vent and complain. I do it all the time. I'm sorry you are having problems, maybe you can get it fixed. I have sympathy for you even though that won't help you much. good luck.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Have you contacted the company about this under warranty? Who is the seller/dealer?

Also, I think you can get that fixed...there was a member here I think who got some new, better gears. Try searching for gear or gearbox, see what you may find.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
I think I saw somewhere that there are gears available. However, you are right- based on what I have seen, that gearbox is bad news. I don't just say that because I have the Grubee Skyhawk II (which has worked well so far), but because I spent some time researching this both before I bought (a good idea) and after I bought (a waste of time, but I had to know). I have found no one with a good experience with the Hoot gearbox. They may be out there, but I have not heard from them.

I have heard from several people that had gear teeth break or keys sheared (the keys are apparently made from metal colored cream cheese). I will try to do some back-tracking and see if I can find where I saw replacement gears for that.

In the interest of full disclosure, I bought my SkyhawK II kit from the same vendor (bought Honda engine elsewhere). There were some delays initially, but he cleared that up and got me the stuff I ordered. That being said, I have seen his interaction with others, and it is not pleasant, so even though I had a decent experience, the best I can say is- be cautious.

captianroger

Jul 15, 2010
fargo
i build my own motor mounts using angle iron and flat metal, takes about 1 hr. to cut with hack saw, and drill the holes for the bolts, i have a pic of the home made motor mount under my name listed under 4 stroke motors and listed as honda 100cc......
buy a honda and build your own setup, get away from the cheep import stuff...

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Re: Just bought 4 stroke Chinese frame mount kit

Hint: If you contact the folks at bicycle-engines.com, and let them know you ordered the kit from Revolutions and are having issues, they may help you out. They supply Revolutions with some if not all his kits.

Believe it or not, it's is all worth the effort:)
I contacted Bicycle-Engines and they have a nice adjustable motor mount for a 4 stroke. I even contacted their representative and he gave me the adjustable limits of 8 to 12 inches fore to aft at 4 1/2 inches wide. Here is the black mount for $30. They sell a chrome one for $40....Dan