what's your greatest/cheapest score on bikes or parts?

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi Dan, Have Had Several Idea`s. But I Think It Will Be On The Back Burner For A While. Have Had It A Yr Now, Bought New Tires And Tubes For It Way Back Then. To Many Projects. Have Over Loaded My Wheel Barrow Energy System With My Tandem Dump Truck Full Of Idea`s! Later, "Low Battery Ron".

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
just picked this Worksman up, super cheap.

frame's been powdercoated blue, and i can tell it's had a rough life, looks like it had a lot of rust, and it's been bead blasted or something. but it's nice and straight.

the stupid handlebars gotta go. can't even turn without them hitting my legs. (and i can't turn them upside down, either!)

it looks like it was either a cheaper model, or the parts have just been switched out over time.it's got Wald forks, cranks, and chainguard. the original welded tab for the chainguard's been cut off. new tires and pedals, too. oh, and some nice shiny Wald fenders, with no dents.

it's got worksman wheels, but they're 12 gauge spokes, not 11. and Joytech hubs, too. i might relace the rims with 10 or 11 gauge spokes (just 'cause the rims are better than the cheap china ones and they gots good chrome) , and shimano hubs (or one of my old vintage, skiptooth bendix coaster brakes.)

but, for what i paid, it was a steal.

oh, it's got 3 masterlinks on it, too. those are going straight in the trash.

i'm either gonna put a motor on it and sell it, or take the parts off and sell the frame. as good as these worksman's are, i just think they're freakin' ugly.

i'm not gonna spend my time cutting and welding it into a pregnant boardtracker.
but if you want to, make me an offer...

Attachments

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
MY BROTHER HAS HAD
a springer front end from a bike in the 50s it had attached to it part of the frame
perfect handlebars for a boardtrack bike a pad lock from same era and on the handle bars a perfectly good working bell
well when you get a present like that for free whats a guy to do
BUILD A BOARDTRACK FOR YOUR OLD SPRINGER OF COURSE

RIDE ON

trimguy247

Oct 27, 2009
orlando
ya i instaled 2 motors for the nicest guy and when i droped them off he gave me a honda metropolitan scotter that he could not get runing motor got 1775 on it and is cherry my girl rode it around all day