Grand Rapids, MI Motorized bicycle club?

GoldenMotor.com

metta

Mar 10, 2009
GR/MI
Well, there's a scooter club, a moped club, but to my knowledge, no motorized bicycle club here in GR. Any one in Grand Rapids, MI interested in getting together. I've seen others with motorized bikes and have heard others who say they're seeing more and more. If anyone is interested in forming a group, chime in or send me a message...
r.ly.r.ly.r.ly.r.ly.

metta

Mar 10, 2009
GR/MI
well, no takers yet for the idea of starting a club here in gr. maybe one of these nice summer days i'll ride up to where you are...reddd

justus946

May 13, 2009
chillicothe, ohio
hi,
we're from holly area over by flint. how are the police treating you in grand rapids ?? my mb is not done yet, but wondering ! do you have it reg. as a moped w/ sticker lights, brake light or just dodgeing the police ??
just wondering what to expect,
ken

justus946

[email protected]

flying hornet

Aug 5, 2008
hey dude we did the 28th st cruise today on are motor bikes what a blast that was
from wyoming what part of gr are from

MotoTrek

Jul 16, 2010
Grand Rapids
I would like to find a club for this hobby. I just motorized my Trek mountain bike. It is fun to ride. Staying on the backstreets mostly so not sure about the heat. This thread is kinda old I see so I'll hope someone is still paying attention to it. Just joined so if anyone wuld like a pic of my bike let me know. Talk to you all later.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
if you all put anything togather in august let me know and i may come up for it. i am from kalamazoo area but got sick of the cold so living in st. croix. we are heading to michigan for a few weeks in august

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Digging this thread out and blowing off the cobwebs. There are a few opportunities in the summer in West Michigan to get together. I know some hotrodders gather at the Culver's burger joint on 28th St. SE every week on Friday, and there's a cruise at the Gillmore Car Museum (which has a whole barn devoted to early motorcycles) which is a little south of GR every Wednesday night. I would also like to go north and cruise M22 sometime in 2013. There's also the lake shore but they tend to be a little more uptight out there. Thoughts?

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
I went to a motorcycle swap meet last summer at the Gilmore Car Museum. That place keeps getting bigger and bigger. Very Nice Museum. Lots of nice country riding here in New Era.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
I know there are quite a few members from MI on the forum, not just the GR area. Whatever we get going would be great. My personal preferences are street legal bikes (registered assembled mopeds) if we are on public land/roads, or anything goes if we can get access or are welcome at an event on private property. Promoting MB's in MI as viable alternatives for transportation would be a worthy goal. I am surprised that there are not businesses along the lake shore renting them out to tourists considering that tourism is a big part of the MI economy. Anyway, first point would be to hang out and talk bikes.

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
My bike is registered as a moped. And I have a truck if I have to haul the motorbike anywhere. I think it would be awesome to have some local rides now and then.

berrysbikesgr

Jun 16, 2015
grand rapids
dont know if anyone still reads this but i would love to meet anybody from grand rapids. i just built my first bike and have had a few problems. wouldnt mind getting some first hand advice from more experienced riders. email me at [email protected] I would be willing to pay to have someone take a look at my bike. also a bike club here in grand rapids would be the best