manic adaptor sprocket and chain trouble

GoldenMotor.com

keithinmichigan

Jun 6, 2014
michigan
Hi. I am installing a new 88 flying horse motor and I decided to spend the extra bucks on the manic adaptor and 44 tooth sprocket. It stated the 415 chain was needed for the manic setup which is no problem because the kit comes with a 415 chain. The adaptor and sprocket installed easy, however the chain will not go all the way around the sprocket it comes off about half way around the sprocket like the chain links are too short, but the chain wraps perfectly around the sprocket that comes with the kit. I'm stumped because it states it only works with the 415 chain. Anyone else have this problem? The dealer is closed on Sundays but I could use some advice today. THANKS:-||:-||:-||

keithinmichigan

Jun 6, 2014
michigan
Hi. I ordered this at Bikeberry and a 44 tooth manic sprocket because the kit has a 44 tooth. If I have to I can drill the kit sproket to match the adapter and send back the manic.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
seeing two things lately - chains that have slightly wider rollers on the links, and sprockets that are machine stamped & ending up with the tips of the teeth too flat & wide to let the thick rollers drop down between the teeth

if you have a grinder, it only takes a few minutes to make the teeth pointier so the rollers will go past nicely - doesn't hurt the function any because the force is applied down in the valleys between teeth anyway

this can happen on both the rear sprocket & front sprocket