what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Didn't work on the motorized bicycle this evening, but I did replace the crankshaft sensor and vehicle speed sensor on my '06 Altima. Holy shinola!! The crank sensor was in a place that you couldn't see. I actually took my camera and snaked it in there to get a visual to what my fingers were feeling. Took about an hour and a half to replace both sensors. The dealer wanted $300 to replace just the crank sensor ---- I think "not from me".....
lol
Seems about right.
The crank sensor on my Ram is between the transmission and the oil filter on the engine, passenger side. You can barely see it and you can't get to it. Fun thing is, that when they fail, they cause all sorts of weird stuff to happen. :(

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

Dodge dude, I hope you're not using the Bell chain on your motor drive. I tried that as a temporary chain while I waited on a parts order, and it snapped in a few miles!

buck1234

Apr 17, 2013
Redwood City Ca

Sat looking at, Stood, Bent Over the boxes of parts for my build. Years of frustration at work of not having all the parts and pieces for a project are no more. I'm retired and no bosses to goad me on so I look busy earning my wages.

When they are all here I start. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the joy of my time being my own.

Buck aka buck1234

GAS+RIDEZ

Mar 31, 2011
Puerto Rico

Install a rear rack and air filter, I took a ride and rode well but when I stop the engine turns off, adjust the needles and stay on but if I keep it on, do not run well.:-||

Attachments

joelogger2

Apr 18, 2013
montana

i rode it today and its acting up pls help

i have a gt5 skyhawk with pc high compresion head, sbp exhaust, jaguar ignition jnx header port billeet intake and a nt carb. it starts fine runs find and is able to get up to top speed for a couple minutes and then it sputters and wont hardley get above an idle and wont rev back up pls help. keeps foul'n plugs and im runin a 40 to 1 ratio . pls help

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

The NT carb has 1 screw, an idle speed screw and 1 fuel jet.
It is the simplest of carbs to tune, not much going on inside them to monkey around with.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.

woodruff key fell / got worn out of drive sprocket - had to walk home about 15 blocks. then i made made a new one out of a big washer. Mixed up some 40-1 amsoil saber and proceeded to spill gas all over the bike trying to fill it up. lol.... tightened chain and rode to the motorcycle store, bought some fuel line, a fuel filter, a ratio rite cup and most importantly a replacement NGK plug boot for my friends bike - cause' the stock ones are crap and keep breaking.

NJZ

Apr 6, 2013
Springfield IL

put the whole motor,cables,head,cylinder,carb, exhaust ect, back on after freeing up the engaged clutch issue. and making a temporary mount and stud.

Fired right up I was pretty stoked I knew chain was thrashed from when it got twisted and rode it around the block almost. New tire, and chain, and clutch arm cover to be ordered. Just happy it ran.dance1

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

Wanted to insulate my exhaust pipe because it burned a hole in my pants leg the other day. So I go to Auto Zone, the only exhaust wrap they have is a 20ft roll for $50. Way too much. So we go visit my wife's sister and her husband, and he seems to think we may be able to find something at Ace hardware. We end up in the stove repair aisle looking at stove gasket. They have a roll that's almost the same diameter as my exhaust pipe (ezm flex pipe, btw) and I'm thinking I can get it wet and stretch it over the pipe. So I get home, throw the stove gasket in a bucket of water, and take my dogs out. Go get my tools, and start working on it. Took some finagling and some elbow grease, but eventually I got it on. I left about an inch uncovered between the header and the flex pipe, so the exhaust can still breathe some, and put the exhaust back on. I then hooked my crankcase breather tube back to the carb's pcv (positive crankcase ventilation) inlet and took her for a spin to dry the wet stove gasket a bit so my pipe won't rust. Bike seemed to run smoother after hooking the pcv tube back up. Didn't go too far, so its hard to say for sure, but I'll know for sure definitely after I drive to work in the morning.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

This morning, I installed two missing screws from my pull start. Then I started up and rode 6 miles to work this morning, then back this evening. Pure joy of riding without incident, like two 25-minute amusement rides. What a wonderful way to start and end a working day.After years of riding to work, I have my route down to a science, and know exactly when to hop on and off the sidewalk. I also get a 30-second headstart at three different traffic lights, so the cagers can't catch up and crowd me in.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj

i rode it today and its acting up pls help

i have a gt5 skyhawk with pc high compresion head, sbp exhaust, jaguar ignition jnx header port billeet intake and a nt carb. it starts fine runs find and is able to get up to top speed for a couple minutes and then it sputters and wont hardley get above an idle and wont rev back up pls help. keeps foul'n plugs and im runin a 40 to 1 ratio . pls help
I would check your float height,,sounds like too much fuel if your fouling plugs,,also may be coil or mag getting weak after it gets warm,,check that the jet is tight also make sure air filter and choke flap are ok.Might want to start your own thread on this one :)

Good times ...

Tom :)

Last edited:

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

Today's plan includes wiring the ignition back up on the cruiser, and taking it for a spin. At this point I can't properly test the ignition as my multimeter's fuse is dead. I'm tryng to track down a new $2 fuse (250mw250A), instead of having to pay $25+ for a new multimeter, but so far the closest I've found is double the rating (500mw250A). 'The Source' stores around here seem to be pulling thier small parts areas out, so I'm going to have to hunt for a local stores that fills that niche I guess.

It's supposed to be a beautiful day, so a trip out to the coffee shop or something definately has to happen this afternoon. Black cars might look better in the shade, but chromed MABs look prettier in the sunshine. ;)

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

Put some air in my tires, adjusted my throttle cable (again, lol) and changed the oil. Started her up and she purred like a lioness for me.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

Took the cruiser out for a while. It runs pretty nicely, and has nice pull when you hit the 'sweet spot' in the throttle. A new problem's popped up, of course. I'll be cruising along at about 1/3rd throttle, and you can hear the engine start slowing down until it stalls out. There's little or no positive throttle response at this point. Opening the gas cap had no effect, nor did holding the primer on the float down. After a short time, it fires right up again and powers up to speed smoothly, but a few minutes later the same slow down and eventual stall out will occur. Scratching my head a bit on this one.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Took the cruiser out for a while. It runs pretty nicely, and has nice pull when you hit the 'sweet spot' in the throttle. A new problem's popped up, of course. I'll be cruising along at about 1/3rd throttle, and you can hear the engine start slowing down until it stalls out. There's little or no positive throttle response at this point. Opening the gas cap had no effect, nor did holding the primer on the float down. After a short time, it fires right up again and powers up to speed smoothly, but a few minutes later the same slow down and eventual stall out will occur. Scratching my head a bit on this one.
clogged fuel petcock?