Dyno Four Stroke Racer

GoldenMotor.com

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
so ill say it again, if anybody else has asked...no issues running motor upright like that?

I have a 99cc hf im thinking about doing that too( of course its alot smaller than that 200cc).

Also did you ever run those rigid triple tree forks at beginning of post? They are only a little cheaper than the 1" rst suspension fork ones for my build..and wonder if there no fun at 40+..

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have not had any issues yet with the motors and this one has the stock rod in it. Installed the flywheel today and this bike really scares me... It's that fast. It's a dang bike and not designed to go 50 and rev to 6300 rpm. I am kinda hooked on the btr I built, comfort and just enough power.

Now to the forks: I really like them and think they look real good, the ride is harsh but if you are young it should be no problem. Lol

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Update on Dyno:

Put this bike up for sale...but found it hard to let go...a couple comments from friends made me want to keep it.

I completed a few upgrades to the motor and made more adjustment to the front fork. Added a new ISKY cam and heavy duty push rods, milled the head some more and added big valves. The bike runs real good. Next is that POS clutch...get what you pay for is the old saying....

I am not sure if this bike will be raced anymore, I am with BuckO on his thoughts about the speed and fun...it’s no longer a thrill with all that power...may just be a cruiser...that’s what it started out at...right

Attachments

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Update on Dyno:

I am not sure if this bike will be raced anymore, I am with BuckO on his thoughts about the speed and fun...it’s no longer a thrill with all that power...may just be a cruiser...that’s what it started out at...right
I wasn't to sure you read my post but I'm glad you did. Ya know we had some fun racing on the 2-strokes from the Death Race to willow springs then the Grange.
I think the mid class might be a place for me. Its a big class with alot of racers, different engines & a max hp limit on the engine.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Are you guys talking about the cheetah? Gosh I hope not, that's one expensive clutch. I haven't taken mine apart yet to inspect it since the last race
That clutch is just a copy of the greased lightning . It has some weak points that can be fixed. The best thing you can do to it is keep it clean. Take it off the motor and clean it with acetone. Blow it dry with compressed air and very lightly grease the thrust bearing. I did a few things to my clutch to see if it works better this time. so far it seems to be working better.

Dirt bag

Mar 15, 2010
elberta al
Anyone notice how people who turn motors in different directions from flat mounting base will always ignore or never give a straight answer about how the motor oils properly or if it does at all. If it will actually work I'm sure others would like to know how to do it successfully. Thank You

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have an answer for ya...pull the cover off the side and take a look inside. It like the same as mounted flat, the rod has a dipper on it that splashes oil around. As long as it makes contact with the oil the motor you will have no issues. Takes about 3/4 of a quart on the 212 and about 11.5 oz on the 99cc

The big motor has a billet rod in it and that has a better made dipper on the end. Go online and look up the rods and you will see.

Ccc

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
yeah...all you hafta do is run one a bit and pull the valve cover to see its oiling....should be fine......or if you really must see....start it without the cover and see

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'm gonna start running mine upside-down........cuz heat rises! I'm not gonna tell you how well it works or the results, yer just gonna have to find out fer yerself.......just like we did. I may give you a hint or two as to the results if I find the time. Ya can't expect everyone else to do ALL the homework for you.......can you?

Dirt bag

Mar 15, 2010
elberta al
Ccc thank you very much for the info. I have an aluminum skyhawk frame and 79 cc H/F greyhound motor, I think I'll mount mine like yours. By the way yuor bike looks great. I think scotto'sbike is going to look kind of silly with the motor upside down, I would'nt want mine like that so I guess I would'nt care much how it works, but I don't think it will. I'm 62 years old I guess young people will try anything. I'm in the dirt moving bussiness Dirt bag. Again thank you and good luck with all your vintures. STEVE