New China bike just built! 700c Thruster walmart

GoldenMotor.com

xcspirit

Oct 20, 2012
Logan Ut
Just got done with a build! Ive been crusing all over town and have received alot of compliments. 80cc on a 700c Thruster from Walmart. Got the kit off Ebay.

A few things Ive noticed.
I need disc brakes...
My engine sounds like it knocks...
Doesnt idle well...screw doesnt do much...Ive adjusted the carb severl times...
Dont think I get 100 MPG...
I can got 27 MPH...
o and the fuel filter only has a little bit of gas in it all the time...
20:1 mix...can I go with 32:1???

anyone have any comments on those things that would be great!!!

other than that I think it runs great!

mechaniczman

Sep 22, 2012
bunn
Hey I have the same bike as you! AND YES YOU DO NEED DISK BRAKES THE BRAKES SUCK!!!!!
Except yours isnt totaled, and your probably not covered in bandages..bf..duh.

Can you post a pic of yours I want to compare the differences...and i forgot what mine looked like not smashed.

xcspirit

Oct 20, 2012
Logan Ut
O man. How did that happen? How did you like the bike before that? I need to find my camera to put pics up but I will soon.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Just got done with a build! Ive been crusing all over town and have received alot of compliments. 80cc on a 700c Thruster from Walmart. Got the kit off Ebay.

I need disc brakes...
I can got 27 MPH...

Always go with the best brakes you can put on your bike.
New engines make wierd noises sometimes, give it time. If it still sounds bad to you after break in, investigate further.
The idle may also smooth out after it's ran for a while. Make sure the carb slide goes all the way to the bottom with little or no slack in the cable.( I leave just a little slack in mine.)
100mpg, Ha Ha Ha. I've seen them advertised at 150mpg. maybe if you had a very level straight road with no traffic or stop signs.(60-80mpg maybe in town.)
Again, wait for a little break in. The engine should loosen up and run better and your top speed will come up.
Keep the mix a little heavy for now, Again, for break in.
The best thing you can do for your engine right now is put a NGKB6HS spark plug in it and replace the plug wire with a good auto wire. You'll be suprised how much just doing that will help.
fatdaddy.

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Hey I have the same bike as you! AND YES YOU DO NEED DISK BRAKES THE BRAKES SUCK!!!!!
Except yours isnt totaled, and your probably not covered in bandages..bf..duh.

Can you post a pic of yours I want to compare the differences...and i forgot what mine looked like not smashed.
Bro, just stick it in your truing station, It'll be awe'ite..bf.
I'm glad yer OK, but I gotta hear the story. Obviously it had something to do with yer brakes. So break it down bro, whats the skinny.
fatdaddy.

xcspirit

Oct 20, 2012
Logan Ut
thanks for the advice guys, or ladies lol. I have fixed the carb issues, replaced the spark plug, replaced the gaskets, and pretty much have her buttoned down since the last post. only issue is the noises but they may just be my mind thinking there is an issue. I found my camera! So ill have pics up tomorrow!

Hey mechanizeman hope your ok. just read up on the whole crash.

Did you have issues making th sprocket line up on the bike? and what gear did you use with the bike? the fixed one or the other one? dance1

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
thanks for the advice guys, or ladies lol. I have fixed the carb issues, replaced the spark plug, replaced the gaskets, and pretty much have her buttoned down since the last post. only issue is the noises but they may just be my mind thinking there is an issue. I found my camera! So ill have pics up tomorrow!

Hey mechanizeman hope your ok. just read up on the whole crash.

Did you have issues making th sprocket line up on the bike? and what gear did you use with the bike? the fixed one or the other one? dance1
Put a better (louder) exhaust on it and you won't notice the noiserotfl. Seriously though, The stock exhaust is WAY too restrictive. Try this, just once. Pull the baffle out of the end of your exhaust and ride it like ya stole it. I think it will convince you to put a decent exhaust system on it when you feel the power increase.
fatdaddy.

c2k5

Jun 24, 2012
Texas
I just built me one with the exact same bike. My colors were a little brighter though. This looked like the easiest bike in the world to motorize.
I yanked a fork with shocks off another bike, it really helps alot on bumpy roads.

xcspirit

Oct 20, 2012
Logan Ut
Nice bike. Mine is the stock walmart one. its gets a little bumpy but not bad. I replaced all gaskets except the clutch one. Figured the cardboard wouldn't hold up. Especially since once I put on the muffler bracket it moved it slightly and made it leak.

trying to put a picture up but computer is being dumb....

mechaniczman

Sep 22, 2012
bunn
I used the sprocket that came with the kit not the bike, although if I did use the one that came with the bike I would have some wicked top speed!! I did have problems getting the sprocket to line up I had to take it off about 4 times untill I got it right, I used some washers from the original sprocket to make it line up better, its trial and error untill its straight.

Also I wish that my bike had suspension but oh well I may go with a different bike once I take the damaged one back...if I can find my reciept!:-||

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I used the sprocket that came with the kit not the bike, although if I did use the one that came with the bike I would have some wicked top speed!! I did have problems getting the sprocket to line up I had to take it off about 4 times untill I got it right, I used some washers from the original sprocket to make it line up better, its trial and error untill its straight.

Also I wish that my bike had suspension but oh well I may go with a different bike once I take the damaged one back...if I can find my reciept!:-||
Yeah brother, The sprocket install is the hardest part of the build, If you're using a rag joint. A sprocket adapter takes all the worry out of it. Then all you have to worry about is sprocket to sprocket alignment. I'll still use a rag joint on a customer bike if they wont spring for an adapter, just never again on any of my personal bikes.
fatdaddy.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

I need disc brakes...
I can got 27 MPH...

BGF = noisey crappy motor
I usually get about 80 mpg till after break in and tuning. Then 120
27 mph is about right for 44T
Air in the fuel filter is normal
If it's an NT carb run the needle clip in the second to the top position.
With a new motor go with 24-28 to 1. You can go 32:1 after a couple gallons.

NT carbs usually come jetted rich. After break in drop it down to a 68 or 66.