Beware The Rip-off!

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Wow!

I just got done looking on ebay at all the various sellers of the engine kits and I have to say, I feel sorry for anyone who does not do at least a little homework.

One seller says "50cc engine", then right below it, it says "80cc engine" then again below that "50cc engine" again
Same seller, different item says "shipping to the lower 48 is 55 dollars", then once again below lists it at 50 dollars. Is he really that confused or is he trying to confuse?

Another guy is selling a year old engine he decided not to use and people are bidding more than the cost of a new one from my favorite seller.rotfl

Some are selling 67.5cc engines and calling them 80cc.:confused:

Glad to have at least one good, reputible seller on ebay....(thatsdax, seller ID dacscommm) and no, I am not affiliated with this seller in any way shape or form, other than direct buying experience.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
All I can say is do your homework before you buy one.
If it wasn't legal to get one, doggie and his motorboy cops would kick in your door and confiscate it.

There are reputible and unreputible/uninformed sellers of anything.

Buyer beware I believe the saying goes...

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I bought my kit from boy go fast and if I hadn't screwed up the install it would have been fine.

However I would look at the small items in the kit as well. That chrome clutch lever is pure crap in my opinion but lots of guys love them.

The twist throttle wasn't very good for me but I have a heavy hand and ruined it. Still it was a good engine. To me that seems to be the guts of the system. I didn't much like the flat sprocket but it's okay.

I did not go into the engine to verify it but he says it has bearing not the sleeves. I'm taking his word for it. All i can say is I like mine just fine, with the exception of the noted items. I bought it on ebay and I have no idea how it made it's way from china to me. Then again I bought it from the dealer so it had already made the scenic route I suppose.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I've found that if you buy from boygofast in the special instructions note list the changes you would like in the kit like sprocket size and what type of clutch lever one is steel and locks and the other is aluminum that will have a lock on it I prefer the locking aluminum one and a 44 tooth sprocket. Most times he's good about sending you what you ask for I also ask for double boxing as I've had bad luck on damage in shipping and the insurance is, I shall say not good. I've dealt with Dax and kings out of canada and they are good as well but most of my deals were through boygofast and he is very fast on shipping. Those are the only ones I've delt with so far for complete engine kits. I've dealt with one other but for parts only and he's not bad.
Norman

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
thatsdax (ebay ID dacscommm) has always served me well.
EXELLENT customer service and honest and up front about everything.
Top quality kits/components.

Buy one now.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
laughing hard. ya i get tons of exercise on my motorized bicycle rotfl well maybe when i forget to put gas in it

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yeah....that's for guys like me who got their knees crushed by a drunk driver and have (had) to endure months of physical therapy. They use those to get you to move at all and work your way up to actually walking and/or exercising again.:-||

Three months on your back is not fun and it's worse once you are "allowed" to start walking again.

On the positive side, if I could really pedal a bike very far, I wouldn't have bought an engine kit.(^)