Blew out the center electrode of my sparkplug...........

GoldenMotor.com

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Something I've never done before. I was giving it full throttle up a slight incline (I was going a tad over 30mph) when all of the sudden "pop" and the engine died.

Turns out I blew the center of the sparkplug completely out of the engine....took the rubber boot and the end of the sparkplug wire with it and I never found it.

First time for everything I suppose :)

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Something I've never done before. I was giving it full throttle up a slight incline (I was going a tad over 30mph) when all of the sudden "pop" and the engine died.

Turns out I blew the center of the sparkplug completely out of the engine....took the rubber boot and the end of the sparkplug wire with it and I never found it.

First time for everything I suppose :)
Strange, I've seen the electrode gone but never that. What brand of plug were you using.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
To be honest......I'm not sure. It wasn't anything name brand, it's in the trash bin outside.

I've never had anything like that happen before- it was completely gone and it took whatever holds the sparkplug wire to the sparkplug with it.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've seen it happen to a high horsepower drag race engine but never on something as small as ours. Probably a cracked porcelain that let go and took the center electrode with it when it left the engine.

Tom

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Sooner or later you will see the weird stuff happen.
the plug doing that isn't new I've seen that before, just glad I wasn't over the top of it when it took off.