Yup! Another Cranny build.

GoldenMotor.com

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
hay garry, how did the skirt cut work? have you run it yet? also wanted to comment on the r/c scene..... i love 1/8 scale and have a jammin crx and a jammin crt. crazy power in these rc engines huh? want to do a crazy 8 or 12 r/c engine bike like a land speed rig...lol some go to like 36000rpms and even higher and 3.4 hp!
TowerHobbies.com | 51251 Ofna Jammin .28 Engine

so 8 of em will get me 27.2 hp?? jk

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
hay garry, how did the skirt cut work? have you run it yet? also wanted to comment on the r/c scene..... i love 1/8 scale and have a jammin crx and a jammin crt. crazy power in these rc engines huh? want to do a crazy 8 or 12 r/c engine bike like a land speed rig...lol some go to like 36000rpms and even higher and 3.4 hp!
TowerHobbies.com | 51251 Ofna Jammin .28 Engine

so 8 of em will get me 27.2 hp?? jk
IreBo, I'm a ways off from getting the bike finished since I still have parts coming in, and I'm in no hurry since it's been 105 degrees F out lately. lol

The Ofna is a good car. I had a gas truck once and several Saito powered planes, I prefer electric cars. The torque curve is much flatter, the power more manageable and the car comes off the track much cleaner.

Here are some pics and a vid of the one in my avatar.

biffg's Channel - YouTube

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Gary, yea those brushless cars are insane and the controllers like the castle creations are infinatly adjustable from abs breaking to throttle puntch/curve.but i love nitros and you cant beat that sound! although a electric properly set will work my butt! i also build scale and comp crawlers and have been collecting team associated RC10 cars and trucks. have about 15 RC10's. love them . it was my first rc so i have great respect for youre rig and was glad to see team associated get in the 1/8th mix!
ok ide better say something about gasbikes so i dont get too offtopic... ummm, so did you dremmel that piston ?

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
Gary, yea those brushless cars are insane and the controllers like the castle creations are infinatly adjustable from abs breaking to throttle puntch/curve.but i love nitros and you cant beat that sound! although a electric properly set will work my butt! i also build scale and comp crawlers and have been collecting team associated RC10 cars and trucks. have about 15 RC10's. love them . it was my first rc so i have great respect for youre rig and was glad to see team associated get in the 1/8th mix!
ok ide better say something about gasbikes so i dont get too offtopic... ummm, so did you dremmel that piston ?
I'm running Tekin but back in the day I only ran Trinity. I had a sponsorship with them and of course, I used their stuff. :D I miss Trinity Tech Talk.

Although I jumped back and forth from AE, to Losi, I started with AE.
Still have an old gold tub, pre stealth 6 gear tranny. lol

Yea I used a dremel on the piston skirt but only because I was at home and didn't feel like driving to work, or waiting until Monday to use my mill. I was also putting off splitting the cases and going all the way including matching the transfer ports and checking the bearings, but that would be "Half Steppin" and that ain't in my nature. Do it right, or don't do it at all is something I say to myself.

Hard to believe I'm building a Huffy with a Chinese motor when I have built some pretty expensive MTBs and motorcycles from the ground up, but this is a new experience and a new learning curve. And meeting new friends with similar interests is a bonus.

1989 KDX 200 bought and built one piece at a time. It took a 11 months.

24lb. Special-Ed.

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
awsome man! funny how ppl loke us gravitate tward the same stuff! did you see my 97 KDX 200? lol! what a coinkydink huh? and thats my 2nd. i had a 92 i ran into the ground and bought the 97. fun bikes and that first gear is lowww..
dont feel bad. im a top end guy myself and i think if you are going to build something quality like a felt you had better put a morini engine in it! a huffy matches chinese engines and works well. the quality is what you are going to put into it and what you get out of it. i rode my cranny hard and drunk and she takes it everey time, happily too!

rock on brother!!

dr kdx.JPG

kdx1.JPG

Last edited:

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
The build continues but I don't have any pics at this time. I put the front wheel back on the springer fork and I don't like the stresses involved. In order to fit the wheel, I had to pull very hard on the lower end of the forks to get them to handle the width of the hub. It looks like the chrome is cracking at the lower pivot bolt just below the headset.

I'm going back to the stock fork just to be safe.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I've got a few BL R/C's myself! A Neu/MMP 4s powered Mini Revo, Neu 2200kv/Castle Creations Mamba monster 6s Slash 4x4, and a Tekno conversion Hot Body's D8 that's Neu/MM powered!

I'm a bit confused at your issue. Can you get some pics to help? I just put on my springer fork tonight, after sanding, priming, and painting. It's a SunLite springer with brake bosses. It fit just fine with the HD wheel set. I did have to make a shim for the springer steer tube brace to fit. I also had to add two steer tube spacers above the brace in order for the top steer tube nut to lock down tight.

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
This area where the steerer tube hooks up is too narrow. When tightened down I have to spread the legs out really hard and Im worried about the legs breaking off. I guess I could shim it, but I just have a bad feeling about this $35 fork.

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Yo Gary . what happend to the huge bars? im glad you went with the race bars. you will love the ride. apes kinda suck..imo.. i love cornering with the low bars! how do you plan on painting the rims... keep in mind the brakes will rub off the paint on the side of the rims.... sandblast? aircraft paint remover and keep em silver?? im curious.

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
Yo Gary . what happend to the huge bars? im glad you went with the race bars. you will love the ride. apes kinda suck..imo.. i love cornering with the low bars! how do you plan on painting the rims... keep in mind the brakes will rub off the paint on the side of the rims.... sandblast? aircraft paint remover and keep em silver?? im curious.
Yea I didn't like the ape hangers either. It made the bike look too "Mainstream" lowrider looking and that wasn't the look I was looking for. As far as the rims, I'm gonna leave them as they are. I know they look a little funky being blue and all, but being this is my first MB build, I'm not going all out on this one and painting rims is a lot of work.

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
This area where the steerer tube hooks up is too narrow. When tightened down I have to spread the legs out really hard and Im worried about the legs breaking off. I guess I could shim it, but I just have a bad feeling about this $35 fork.
so how'd you make your springer fork fit in the end?
Mine needs an 18mm spacer.