Head Gasket

GoldenMotor.com

sligo_rider

Sep 21, 2010
Sligo, Ireland
hey everyone,
i have my bike kit installed for 2 weeks and realized that a "head gasket" came with the kit.. does this mean that there isn't one already on the engine? i have been riding it round and no major problems so should i bother taking it all apart to check or just leave it as it is? scratg

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
hey everyone,
i have my bike kit installed for 2 weeks and realized that a "head gasket" came with the kit.. does this mean that there isn't one already on the engine? i have been riding it round and no major problems so should i bother taking it all apart to check or just leave it as it is? scratg
Hi . I am really an newbie too . on my first build . I did ride 8 miles on it so far . I would leave it . If you see an leake around the head ; or 'smoke' then an gasket is needed. my kit did not come with an head gasket . so I can see why you wonder . what motor did you get ?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
sligo rider, the gasket that came with your motor is a repalcement incase the one on the motor blows out in the future, it's just an extra so put it away in a safe place as insurance for a rainy day in the event that your current gasket burns out on ya, be sure and check the tightness on ALL............the screws, nuts, and bolts on your motor, and check the head stud nuts to make sure they are good and snug, just dont get rough with them, good and snug with just a nice little tweak and check them often for the firts few hundred miles.