Even in Paradise

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Grouchy. Sorry you hit problems with the natives here. Would have been when I lived here first time. Could probably guess part of the problem.
Thing have changed here over those years. The kiddy minds have become more involved with BMW's and a house on the islands.

If it's any comfort I was told to go back to Ontario because I wasn't welcome here. More than once too. Best one was a draft dodger from Texas.

Kind of like having a native Hawaiin tell you to go home.

The kind of living where you are would suit me to a T. Do the camp areas have a time limit and can you move from one to the other? Costs?

Hope you folks are feeling better. It is a ride it out kind of thing but you seem to forget just how sick,sick is until you are.
All the best.

Steve.

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
Know you all our in our prayers and wish all a speedy recovery.

Thanks, I will go to my bike guy. (he want's to sell MBs for me and I am just waiting until I have a more stable product)

2Funny about the duct tape. Is what killed off the Neanderthals, no duct tape. snork
While recovering from a thing and board out of my brain, I made a duct tape wallet. Thing works great and can tailor it to general size and card pockets you want.

duct tape wallet - Google Videos

I don't actually use it, but was kinda fun and passed the time.
Just saw Gran Torino. Clint Eastwood's character gave his new friend a generic tool kit of a can of WD40, a pair of vice grips and...duct tape. laff

Thanks for the thoughts. I been sick a solid 2 weeks and still coughing. Started with the flu, not swine. The other one with worse symptoms. From all accounts, this one is a wasp sting to the swine flu's skeeter bite. Then ended with a secondary infection of bronchitis. The wife is now recuperating from the flu and now the daughter has temps spiking at 103+. So somehow, I'm the one who contracted the flu. Trying to figure that one out.

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
Grouchy. Sorry you hit problems with the natives here. Would have been when I lived here first time. Could probably guess part of the problem.
Thing have changed here over those years. The kiddy minds have become more involved with BMW's and a house on the islands.

If it's any comfort I was told to go back to Ontario because I wasn't welcome here. More than once too. Best one was a draft dodger from Texas.

Kind of like having a native Hawaiin tell you to go home.

The kind of living where you are would suit me to a T. Do the camp areas have a time limit and can you move from one to the other? Costs?

Hope you folks are feeling better. It is a ride it out kind of thing but you seem to forget just how sick,sick is until you are.
All the best.

Steve.
Water under the bridge. :)

Last time I was down and out sick was when I came down with walking pneumonia and even with that, I didn't feel this bad. This one is the worst I've had and it wasn't the swine strain and the bronchitis didn't help any. There was no magic bullet and just had to ride it out. Now the wife is recuperating from it and our daughter had temps spiking at 103, last night. Both complained that they've never had body aches this bad. Of course my daughter is only 9 so all she could do was complain that she couldn't move.

For camping permit info, you can check out this website.
Department of Parks and Recreation, Official Web Site for The City and County of Honolulu

Personally, we don't go camping anymore. Too many people, too much noise, too much beer. Generators, TV's, loud car stereo's, partying, fights on and on. Best bet is to rent a beach house.
It's no fun anymore.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"Just saw Gran Torino. Clint Eastwood's character gave his new friend a generic tool kit of a can of WD40, a pair of vice grips and...duct tape. "

No bailing wire? (If it did have wire, I know a guy with the exact same tool kit)

Feel better soon. Makes it even worse when the whole house is ill.

Hawaii_Ed

Feb 22, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Good points! I have just retired from the military, and moved off base for the first time (Ewa). We are happy to be out in the real world honestly, but still glas to be able to shop on base. Prices are insane off base! Dunno how anyone without a military affiliation makes it.

Now I am looking for a real job LOL.

Nice bikes you psted, had missed those on CL.

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
Good points! I have just retired from the military, and moved off base for the first time (Ewa). We are happy to be out in the real world honestly, but still glas to be able to shop on base. Prices are insane off base! Dunno how anyone without a military affiliation makes it.

Now I am looking for a real job LOL.

Nice bikes you psted, had missed those on CL.
Heh heh. The guy's ad is still running,eh?

Yeah, hard to beat PX prices. As a civilian with no access to a PX, you just gotta learn where to shop. Depending on what we need, our shopping is pretty much limited to Costco, Walmart, Tamura's Wahiawa and the weekly open market. After that, it's whomever has the best sale going. ;)

Hey Ed, sorry can't join you guys on your ride. The week I was going to put my bike together is when I got sick. It's going on 3 weeks, now, and I still don't feel like doing anything. :( I really hates summer colds. :(

Hawaii_Ed

Feb 22, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Sorry to hear you are down! If you need any help turning wrenches let me know! My wife works for the Navy at pearl harbor, it does not pay alot, but many people work one day a week just to keep the exchange access.