can't find an answer then ask here someone may be able to help!!

GoldenMotor.com

80ccBlueRay

Sep 23, 2009
FLA
yeah i did the mix correctly, i took 4 bottles of 50:1 and put it in a gal to run the breakin. the motor has an hour and a half of ride time already b4 itwent out. it ran well, first day 25 mph, next day 28.5mph . wen i try to start it, it wont start, but if i hit the killswitch it wants to start but black smoke and the oil/gas comes out near the top. ima try to check the head out and ill keep ya posted.. i just dnt know wut it cud be, i appreciate all the help.

80ccBlueRay

Sep 23, 2009
FLA
well i looked at the head gasket, it looked fine. i re tighten them down, seemed it helpd a lil bit. but i tried startin it up without the ground (green wire) and it wont start, tried it on choke as well, still kept the same noise.
i put the ground back on, and tried to start it wile hittin the kill, and it tries to start.
if i hold the kill down and give it sum gas, itll stay runnin, lol, probaly not gud for it but im testin waters right now... is it the magneto????? burnt up??

thanks

If it tries to start while holding the kill switch on you have it wired wrong the kill switch grounds out the ignition to stop the engine. If the mag is fried it will not fire at all. wire the engine up with the black from the mag to the cdi and the blue from the mag to the blue on the cdi leave off the kill switch and also insulate the white wire so it can't ground out. make sure you have the spark plug gapped at 0.020 see if it will fire up
I'm not following your mix ratio how many oz. of oil to 1 gallon did you use? You should use about 4 oz. of oil to one gallon of fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:

80ccBlueRay

Sep 23, 2009
FLA
the oil is 2.6 oz. on the bottle is says 50:1 one bottle to one gal makes 50:1. i mixed 4 bottles to a gal. 2.6oz x 4 = 10.4oz. wow i didnt know it was that much, is that ok? it ran fine the day i put it together, didnt smoke or anything, ran it for a few hours that day. it could idle. the wiring was right from the day i built it, cuz it ran. i noticed my ground was kinda tachy tho, (loosish) did that possibly fried it out??? i just tried just havin the blue and black connected but it didnt start. then i tried with the white on red/yellow as well, but nothing. then the ground as well, but nothin, it will only try to start when i have the ground connected and hit the kill switch wile tryn to start it. but sounds like its bogging, have to gas it up a lil to keep it runnin, but wont run on its own, i never gapped the plug, i just put it in out of the box, but like i said, it was runnin fine for 2 days..the plug is kinda wet, wen i wipe a paper towel on it , its kinda brownish, but not too bad..i checked the carb ect. idk wut to do but to replace the magneto, but am not sure at all, but i appreciate everything norm.

thanks

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
try a clean new spark plug gap it at 0.020 if you can look up the riders in Fl that are close to you they can help you with hands on help. You might do an intro post and let the guys know where you live then you will know who is close by to you and willing to lend a hand.
Norman

Last edited:

80ccBlueRay

Sep 23, 2009
FLA
it was the magneto!! i overlooked the little wire that is soderd to the frame of the magneto, it was burnt, disconnected, i resoderd it and it works!!

thanks for your help!dance1
Good for you finding the wire disconnected that one is a hard one to find.
Norman

Psycho.mc

May 27, 2009
Canoga Park
my engine was working fine all day but out of nowhere when i tried to start it it wouldnt i checked all the visual obvious things but nothing

it will spin but make a winding noise like a generater radio the turn over once and keep winding the pop once then keep winding

what could be the problem?

adamg4119

Sep 24, 2009
Illinois
i need help on how to assemble the clutch on an 80cc RAW motor. i have the clutch so that it is parrallel with the bike and then when i pull the lever at the handlebar, it goes about 45degrees perpindicular with the bike. the back wheel wont spin by its self at all, it just sounds like the piston inside is moving when i force it. i hope that is clear

phaedrus06

Sep 26, 2009
York, PA
i need help on how to assemble the clutch on an 80cc RAW motor. i have the clutch so that it is parrallel with the bike and then when i pull the lever at the handlebar, it goes about 45degrees perpindicular with the bike. the back wheel wont spin by its self at all, it just sounds like the piston inside is moving when i force it. i hope that is clear
I have the exact same problem! The bike is impossible to pedal becaue the drive chain won't
move. You hear the air entering the pistons when you force the wheels/pedals forward but it only moves about an inch or so before getting caught again. It is as he suggests that the clutch does not seem to engage. Is there perhaps something to loosen or lubricate? Thanks for any help.

P.S. I did see the post on clutch maintenance which is very informative but the piece/gear which rotates the chain seems to have trouble turning in particular even without the accuator attached. I will follow up to see if anything changes. THX!

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I don't know if this will help but this might.

If you can not get your main shaft to turn with the clutch disengaged or in the pedal mode?
Take off the cover on the front sprocket cover/ clutch arm side look at where the chain might be
rubbing on the engines case you will need to remove the chain and clean off any grease/oil there, on some engines the chain bunches up just enough to lock up the drive/front sprocket. with the chain off you should be able to see wear marks
on the case grind off a little metal where you see rub marks with a dremel using a sanding drum or fiber cut off wheel you might need to remove the front sprocket to be able to see behind the sprocket and so you don't grind on the sprocket as well. Running your drive chain
loose will make the problem worse so try to keep the chain adjusted so you have about 1/2" of
slack at mid span on the top run of the chain.

Last edited:

phaedrus06

Sep 26, 2009
York, PA
I don't know if this will help but this might.

If you can not get your main shaft to turn with the clutch disengaged or in the pedal mode?
Take off the cover on the front sprocket cover/ clutch arm side look at where the chain might be
rubbing on the engines case you will need to remove the chain and clean off any grease/oil there, on some engines the chain bunches up just enough to lock up the drive/front sprocket. with the chain off you should be able to see wear marks
on the case grind off a little metal where you see rub marks with a dremel using a sanding drum or fiber cut off wheel you might need to remove the front sprocket to be able to see behind the sprocket and so you don't grind on the sprocket as well. Running your drive chain
loose will make the problem worse so try to keep the chain adjusted so you have about 1/2" of
slack at mid span on the top run of the chain.
Thanks I will look. Another thing I wanted to note in case it helped is this is a brand new build, never ridden via engine before so do I need to break it in or something? Thanks again.

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
Just a thought- not to step on Norms toes but I had something like this too.

If your new to this, you could simply have the flower nut so tight that the clutch can't disengage.

Just for giggles, take off the friction plate. On the right side, remove 5 screws, small set screw on flower nut, make sure clutch is pulled in and remove flower nut and plate. If the bike won't roll then use one of the methods below to fix. If the bike rolls, then your issue is/was with clutch and flower nut adjustment.

One of my new engines would not disengage from the beginning. I took the flower nut off and removed the clutch friction plate but still nothing. When I pulled the large clutch gear out, I realized that the two pieces would not spin freely. I set the gear on vice jaws for support and tapped the 3 pins. Don't clamp the gear just rest on top for support . It loosened immediately with one tap on each pin.

I believe 2Door had this problem as well and suggested to leave the clutch intact but remove the actuator cover and tap the metal dowel with a hammer. I'm sure his is easier and quicker but I prefer to take it apart to find the root issue.

phaedrus06

Sep 26, 2009
York, PA
Just a thought- not to step on Norms toes but I had something like this too.

If your new to this, you could simply have the flower nut so tight that the clutch can't disengage.

Just for giggles, take off the friction plate. On the right side, remove 5 screws, small set screw on flower nut, make sure clutch is pulled in and remove flower nut and plate. If the bike won't roll then use one of the methods below to fix. If the bike rolls, then your issue is/was with clutch and flower nut adjustment.

One of my new engines would not disengage from the beginning. I took the flower nut off and removed the clutch friction plate but still nothing. When I pulled the large clutch gear out, I realized that the two pieces would not spin freely. I set the gear on vice jaws for support and tapped the 3 pins. Don't clamp the gear just rest on top for support . It loosened immediately with one tap on each pin.

I believe 2Door had this problem as well and suggested to leave the clutch intact but remove the actuator cover and tap the metal dowel with a hammer. I'm sure his is easier and quicker but I prefer to take it apart to find the root issue.
Thank you, I will look at that too.

mpnavarro1

Apr 18, 2009
california
I'll work with you on the problem with your bike if you can't find the answer here on the forum.
I might be able to answer you questions on a 4-stroke as well.
This should be fun for a big problem you can call me. PM me for my number.
Norman
can find the promble so plece help me find the promble .iam the one that put the question that said that i can keep my engine to stay on
can you tell me what you have for an engine, the fuel mix if it's a 2 stroke any mods you might have done. what does the spark plug look like? will it not idle or won't stay running?
if you have skype we can see each other and chat might be able to show me your problem.let me know
Norman

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I like the polan syn oil mixed at 40 to 1 you can get this at Walmart. white wire is for powering up lights.