Ready to order a 4 stroke kit...but ??

GoldenMotor.com

evmatt

Apr 26, 2009
chickamauga
I just finished my 2 stroke schwinn cruiser bike and had a blast riding 50 miles over the weekend.
I am having a great time with this motorized bike but also want a 4 stroke cruiser. Could somebody tell me if there is a difference between these two kits? I am interested in the one from kings motor bikes because it is in my price range. Also, I read somewhere these 4 strokes use a sometimes problematic transmission. How bad are they and is it true you do not have to clutch? I would like this because the 2 stroke clutch lever is hard to pull and wears my hand out after a long ride.
Oh and are the 4 strokes really quieter than the 2 stroke? Whats the true top speed of the 4 stroke kit? Do you start the 4 stroke by pull start only? Thanks!!

I dont know if it will let me post links yet but they are from bicycle-engines and kings motor bikes.

49cc Complete Gas Powered Engine Kit - $369.99

Florida Storm 49cc 4 Stroke Bicycle Motor - Florida Storm 49cc 4 Stroke Bicycle Engine Kit

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
That "Florida Storm" uses the Hoot. I know there was an attempt to fix the Hoot, but if you search the posts- it failed. It is trash.

The other one uses the Grubee which is decent and it the gearbox I have.

As for speed- I use a Honda engine with the Grubee gearbox. The Honda has a bit more power. I hear that users of the clone engine (Huasheng) are please with it and top speed with a 48 tooth sprocket is around 35mph (give or take). I get to or exceed 40 mph (depending on wind), but I have removed the governor, so I am likely exceeding the recommended rpm. However, i seldom ride at that speed- she cruises comfortably at 25 to 30 mph.

I have had no transmission failures. It uses a centrigugal clutch, so it is automatic. With the Grubee, it has an engager, which is not a clutch, but you would be well served to modify it so it is always engaged and get a rear wheel stand to replace the standard kick stand so you can start it with the rear wheel in the air. Those who have engaged the gearbox with any engine speed (treated it like a clutch) have succeeded in breaking parts.

It is pull start only.

Last edited: