The Dutch Bikes

GoldenMotor.com

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
The only draw back I could think of is that you may have some steering restrictions. Your turning radius is severely deminished. It sure looks prett though.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I found it in Google images. There is a pic of a guy that is riding with 4 kids, though small kids but it is cool. I wonder what the turning radius would be! The Dutch have the coolest bikes. Have fun, Dave

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
No way would I ride that with kids, anyone ever ride on a motorcycle with some one who leans in the turn with you. Your passenger on two wheels can guide the bike as much as the driver. Three wheels ok but two wheels and you are asking for a wreck, I can't see how that bike is even ridable, maybe there is something I don't understand about it, but I bet I am not the only one who has had a bad rider behind them and knows what I am talking about.

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
That bike looks expensive and heavy. For sure it needs a motor and that would be its best quality. Just get a kid trailer and hook it to your MAB, you can find ones on CL all the time cheap. It is not like you are going to haul the kids around at break neck speeds. .bf. Be safe out there.

Mabman
.cargo

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
I spoke with the wife who is dutch. She says that you wouldn't really find bikes that nice in Holland because they would be stolen or stripped. She showed me pictures of the bikes and they all had bent rims and frames so that no one would take them. The price tag on these bikes here are about $1200 to $2500. May I'll ask her to bring one back from a shop in Holland when she goes back.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Sad to hear that you can't have a nice bike anywhere. Well who ever is importing them are finding the good ones. I agree about the kids and I have had a rider that leaned the other way, (look out). The center of gravity is low so they have less affect but still. Have fun, Dave
Pic is of a factory parking lot.

Attachments

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Look at the shadow for the front wheel how it is stretched and the one in the rear is not. But a good job. Still looks cool. Having fun, Dave

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
Options-
Baby carriers, toddler support seats on the benches
Classic version: totally black, Brooks leather saddle

I would suggest a motor. 12 kids. :eek:

Mabman
.cargo