Here's that Whizzer/Monark

GoldenMotor.com

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Here's some shots of the Supertwin. The black and white is the one i had when i was 15. Sold it for $50 to buy a car. What do kids know? The others are one i bought in 1998 and restored. $1400 for a pile of rust. They had a great disc clutch system and good high speed but no torque for hills. The handlebar shot shows that throttle system similiar to that other post. As you can see its the wrong belt guard. Thats from a Whizzer. They were impossible to find at a decent price. It was also missing the magneto cover but i think there's a guy repopping them now.

Geo.
That is a thing of Beauty!!
I like both of them, whizzer and super-twin, Wow.
Thanks Geo.

Ray

thimmaker

Jan 25, 2008
Bartlett, Illinois
What kind of engine is on the super twin? I've never seen something like that before...
Its a 2 cylinder opposed built by Power Products of Wisconsin back in the day. They supplied Monark Bikes with them and Monark assembled the bike at their plant in Chicago. Travis used a single cylinder version on their front wheel drive friction motors. Monark built the bikes fron 1949 through 1954. The engines from Power Products were used on lawn mowers, outboards, and other items. The company was bought out by Tecumseh after that. I think i have pictures of the engine somewhere, i'll try to post them.
Geo.

thimmaker

Jan 25, 2008
Bartlett, Illinois
I found these shots of a Supertwin Engine that i bought in a flea market a couple of years ago, sandblasted it,painted it and got it running pretty good then sold it to a guy who was restoring a ST bike. The dealer at the flea market had no idea what it was when he sold it.
Geo.

Attachments