48 Schwinn Project Pictures

GoldenMotor.com

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Checked for spark and had none. Cleaned the points and now have a healthy blue spark. Need to find a new condenser as the old one is falling apart. Any advice on a condenser really appreciated. Grant

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
The rest of the parts that came with my 48. Took off the head, several broken head bolts and lots of scack. Valves are working and bore looks really clean, no scarring. Will take pics. of bore after I clean off scack. Condenser is shot but it still has a healthy spark.

Attachments

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Hows the Whizzer coming along? My kit came, no tank though. You really need to get that buddy seat done up and put on that thing is the coolest MB accessory I have ever seen.......Totally Cool !!!!

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Well I need to send the crank out to have it ground and install new rod bearings. Got the rod out but not sure how to get the crank out. Assume I'll need some kind of puller. still need to subscribe to the newsletter and get a manual for the bike but been kind a busy. Will get back to it soon. Plan on putting the buddy seat on when all is said and done. Thanks Grant

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Not as tight as it should be. It was all apart when I got it and I just slapped it together to take some pics. Everything will be correctly massaged when I am through with it. Just have alot of projects going on right at the moment but it's definitely in my crosshairs.

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
I surely will. Been extremely busy in the last month so it has been on the back burner. I will get it finished one of these days and post some pics. Thanks, Grant

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Hi Ray
Just been crazy busy as of late. Right now we are on vacation in the mountains in Colorado. Three of the kids and three little critters (grand children) came with us. Probably wont have time to get back to the whizzer for awhile but I haven't forgotten it. Will definitely get it back on the road, looking like this winter. Hope you and your family are doing great. Drop me a line and let me know how it's going with you. Grant

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hi Ray
Just been crazy busy as of late. Right now we are on vacation in the mountains in Colorado. Three of the kids and three little critters (grand children) came with us. Probably wont have time to get back to the whizzer for awhile but I haven't forgotten it. Will definitely get it back on the road, looking like this winter. Hope you and your family are doing great. Drop me a line and let me know how it's going with you. Grant
Man that's beautiful and thanks!!

Ray