Fasteddys trike

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan,
I'm in. More U.S. companies have found that after carful research we do not live in igloos and trade in seal blubber.

Lowes and Target are the latest two to wake up to the fact that we actually use money up here and it's worth something.

Nearest Harbour Freight is 25 miles away in Bellingham, Washington. Stop there and it's 95% B.C. license plates on the weekend.
I'm sure that's not lost on the head office.

Steve.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Dan,
I'm in. More U.S. companies have found that after carful research we do not live in igloos and trade in seal blubber.

Lowes and Target are the latest two to wake up to the fact that we actually use money up here and it's worth something.

Nearest Harbour Freight is 25 miles away in Bellingham, Washington. Stop there and it's 95% B.C. license plates on the weekend.
I'm sure that's not lost on the head office.

Steve.
What you mean you still don't wear buckskin and fur clothes and hunt with flintlock muskets for food and live in log cabins with grass roofs.
Use bears teeth and beads for money??? That Killer Canuck has been lying to us....... laff

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Naw, Killer lives in Ontario. When their provincial government gets through with them that all they have left.

I live in British Columbia. After they get through with us we wish we had that much left. :)

Nice house where Killer lives is about $450,00. Same nice house where I live is $1.5 million.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Silverbear lives near the Boundry Waters and we were fishing on them on a three day trip last summer.
My Dad was born in Kenora, Ontario in 1906. He used to tell us a lot of stories about the area and life amongst the First Nations people who he would spend part of the summer with.
Hope you get up that way.

Steve.

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Lengthened the frame 27" so I can mount a small box on the back like they would have early in the 1900's.
Have the frame mount cut out for the box and if it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll get that done. Have to come up with a way to brace the frame since it twists more than Chubby Checkers.

Just click on the photo and it will take you to Photobucket.

Steve.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Steve, I'll e interested to see how you brace that. I'm glad to hear the welder is all you hoped it would be.

Ibedayank, What is your entry point into the BWCA? I live near Ely.
SB

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Silverbear,
The stiffening is the matter of much discussion between my brother and I at the moment. At this time I'm not sure. The problem is at the point where the down tube meets the rear axle. As I said this trike is cheap with a capital cheap.

The metal forming the U shaped mount that attaches to the rear axle is soft and twists easily. Tomorrow it's brain storm that problem time. I'll have a better idea then.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Silverbear,
Forgot to add that the welder far exceded anything that I thought it would be. It is indeed Steve proof and with a lot of youtube watching and reading I have improved a great deal.

The nice thing with the Miller is that with the auto set you do indeed set it and forget it.
Worth every penny I paid for it.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
John,
That was the thing we have talked over. After I welded it it was straight and then I hammered the crap U shaped mount since it was bent and now the forks have a very slight twist to one side.
I'm pretty sure that I can get that out by twisting the U shaped mount with a bar.

I didn't get a chance to get photos of the mount I made for the box since we have a major weather front moving in and I had to put everything away but there are two tabs sticking up out of the axle where the basket holder was attached. This will be the rear mounting spots for the box frame.
On the front mount I'll use a muffler clamp around the tubing to hold it in place and this will act as stiffening for the rear axle to keep it from moving back and forth.

I'm thinking that I'll run some more 1-1/2" pipe from the ends of the axle to where the box frame meets the down tube. This is I'm sure overkill but then I do tend to overbuild.
I try and get a photo of the box frame tomorrow so this makes sense. Maybe. :)

Steve.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Steve

if it will help I do have a Worksman trike here some noob BOTCHED the motor install on
that I am just going to make pedal power only so I have to strip it down to the frame. Give me a day or so and I can post you some pics

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Killercanuk,
Sorry I thought it was Ibedayank that was talking about the beaver tails. Haven't taken the pain pills yet tonight so I can see a bit better.
Sorry about that.

Just thought about it. Were those beaver tails from the National Icon or from a really great neighbourhood bakery?

Steve.

Last edited: