My 2 year old mild stretch

GoldenMotor.com

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines
Hi everyone! Since being a member for almost 2 years, I finally had the chance to somehow clean up my bike and introduce her to everyone. I'm using a 49cc motor which I am very lucky to say, has not had it's spark plug replaced since December of '09!!!

Oiginally came with lowrider springer fork and cruiser moon bars. Since I only run a front band brake set up, the springer would twitch everytime I stopped so I had to sacrifice looks for function and used a standard mountain bike fork. The moon bar, well I'll use it again when I get tired of the apespec.pec.

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
I like it! You did a good job. It does look a little different with those rams head ape hangers tho. A long set of triple trees would do wonders for that bike. I would probably try to throw on a set of 36 inch ones to see how much front end rake that would give it. Just my thoughts on a very nice bike!

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines
Thanks for the input donb! So that's what they're called..ram's head...you have a point...actually they don't sit right with me either as I would prefer apes that have your knuckles face the rider. As for the triple trees, will have to source a set from bike shops and see hot it fits... Thanks!!! Ride safe donb!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Ditto on the apes... I don't care for the style where the bar ends turn any direction but straight outwards.

Nice mab ! Looks real comfortable to ride.

Any probs with chain slap???
rc

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines
rustycase you have keen eyes! Yes I do get chain slap but I'm just too "secure" about it's alignment now that I don't want to touch anything. In the early stages I used to get the chain jump off a lot. I'm 5'9" 160 lbs. and yes it is quite comfy... Thanks bro! I appreciate it!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
You've done a nice job, Chrome... I'm learning what would be more practical and could be more comfortable than the conventional bikes most ride today.
The 10-speed racer style just wouldn't work for me... lol
and the agility of a MTB is not something I need.
The standard cruiser bikes can be improved with the 'townie' style crank forward design. And that stretches the bike, as you have done, giving it a longer wheelbase which does add to a more comfortable ride
I've been reading as many of the threads here as I can, looking at pictures and listening to what all the builders have to say. Hopefully I'm learning a bunch so after 2 or 3 more builds I'll be able to get one they way I wish it to be for my purposes. My little mab that I run around town with now just does NOT meet my needs ! lol Gotta get more work done on the next projects !

A while back I even started on a Toureasy copy, but set that aside quickly to go with the HT motor assist. You can REALLY do things, with power ! lol

Good riding!
rc

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines
You are definitely correct... road bikes and mountain bikes...been there too... cruiser bikes is the way to go if you don't want backaches and numb palms lol... ride safe brother!