Motorized bicycler dies.

GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I hate to say this but it sounds like he was a real jerk. The type that gives all of us a bad name. He was weaving in and out of traffic and turned into a motorcycle.

Terry

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
That's why i say stick to the bikelane, or as close to the right side of the lane as possible if there is no bikelane. If you go weaving in and our of traffic, you may end up like he did. Don't ever think u own the road. Share it, and be mindful of those around u.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
that's why i say stick to the bikelane, or as close to the right side of the lane as possible if there is no bikelane. If you go weaving in and our of traffic, you may end up like he did. Don't ever think u own the road. Share it, and be mindful of those around u.
!!!! Amen !!!!

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
That's why i say stick to the bikelane, or as close to the right side of the lane as possible if there is no bikelane. If you go weaving in and our of traffic, you may end up like he did. Don't ever think u own the road. Share it, and be mindful of those around u.
Well said sir!! ;)

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Not only do I KNOW that I do not own the road, I also know that lots of people drive like they do... Since they are driving big heavy cars and I am on a bike I ride as if EVERYONE is gonna hit me, I assume nobody sees me, I ride as if everyone on the road is out to get me. It's YOUR JOB to keep yourself safe, you are the only one that can do it...

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Most MC riders are cool, but some disdain bicyclists and mbs, and will not yield or drive defensively for us. Is it possible that the fault was shared? "Weaving through traffic" could mean a lot of things. It could mean filtering when traffic is dead, or it could mean being a jerk and bouncing around with no signals, and passing moving cars in the oncoming lane without caution or calculation. It sucks an MB died, but it could just be rider error. Guess the story will come out. Ya'll be careful!

Seems like pedestrians always take us as fast, and car drivers always take us as slow, no matter what speed we're doing or if it is our right of way.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I have Had friends/Bros that rode in an unsafe manner. I don't work long. Don't care about the vid, don't even want to see it. Two wheeled anything on the street, Ride smart, or be dead (c)

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
No matter what anyone thinks "weaving" is, it boils down to the fact that he did not stay in 1 lane. Like everyone I hate to hear of one of us getting killed. People just need to use more caution and common sense.

Terry

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
sad...

ur little more than a gladiator when u go out in traffic on any 2 wheeler.
gotta pay attention to your surroundings.
rc

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I did not know this rider here in Houston. I am very sad to hear about his loss. Houston is NOT a bike friendly city. I almost never ride my MB's after dark even tho they have lights front and rear. I never ride without a helmet period. Every bike I own has at least one mirror! Todays cars are so quiet they can't be heard coming up behind us. Safety is all about US. It's simple, ride safe, or be dead. My prayers go out to this man's family & friends. R.I.P. rider. (c)

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Its never nice to here of these accidents , and how quikly they can happen .

like it or not , agree with me or not , doesn't really matter .
in the old days , roads were made for wagons , today they are built for cars and trucks .
NOT BICYCLES .
We as cycleists ARE the obsticles on the road . You can't just ride your bike down the street and expect the cars to move for you ( because they won't ) .
It is up to us ... and us alone to keep ourselves safe .
if you are a terrible rider , then terrible things will probably happen .

Like it or not , when its rush hour ( here thats 3 till 6 ) , i,m on the sidewalk .
Theres just way too many tired out cranky imptient and just plain old bad drivers on the road . And i'm not getting hit just because we are not supposed to be on the sidewalk .
especially in todays world of wonderful little gadgets ( cell phones , gps , laptops ) , it seems none of the drivers actually have the time to watch the road that they are driving down any more .

people in cars have reinforced door pannels to protect them , we have shirtsleeves and pantlegs .... you do the math