It was ALL BAD!

GoldenMotor.com

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Yesterday morning the weather was nice. Perfect in fact for a ride up the mountain. From home its about a 2500 foot climb in about 18 miles.

just after getting into Wrightwood ca. (my destination) the sky just opened up and its been a good long time since I have seen a storm like that. Got cold too. Me sitting at the gas station in my soaked t shirt. Did i mention it was a perfect day for A ride?
At last a small break to get my @$$ off the mountain! Full throttle dodging rocks and such I pushed that little 50 cc push trailer till it sounded like it would explode. Then the mag got wet. No problem. Clutch disengaged i could coast.... And fast! Like 40+! Came around a bend and discovere it had snowed :confused: What the.... It was only rain in town! Too late to use the brakes. Think my brain froze a few miles back. Thought i was going down but I never did! I will say this. Check the weather and dont ride a push trailer 40 mph in the ice!

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Glad your ok. One night my future wife and I were riding my new motorcycle. Wonderful night. Coming back from the beach, it got cold, started raining, and a Seagull broke my headlight. Welcome to biking (c)

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
1. Bicycles aren't meant to go 40mph. Bicycle brakes cant handle that speed. These are bicycles, use them for what they are designed to do, and don't go over 25mph on mountains.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
From one who took a fall at under thirty I can tell you the man above me is right. Enjoy your bike but respect it's limitations.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Get some better brakes then, bring extras (pads/shoes, tire) and spare clothing, esp if you have a trailer! Good luck. Weather can change VERY quickly in mountains, and many places are quite cold even though the surrounding low-level areas are warm or hot. Think about all the snow-capped peaks in postcard pictures. Does your bike trailer have a drag brake, or can it engine-brake by releasing the throttle or applying the choke?