Thats It! I'm done!

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I have one. It is loud enough to make you jump out of your skin if you are not expecting it.
Plenty loud enough to get the attention of some airhead cranking the stereo with the windows up.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Not only Idiots in cars, But Kids we need to worry about! Watch them! They do really Stupid things. Teen Agers are what I am talking about. It's not a good idea to jump in front of a bike at 25 mph! He has a broken hand, I have a broken mirror. (c)

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
NO STINKING KIDDING!!! Theres nothing more annoying than a group of 14 year olds jumping out in front of you on purpose just to get you to stop. Or riding not bothering anyone and a 12 year old throws a big rock in front of your front wheel. I mean really where is common sense in kids these days?!!

showcaller

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
If you are that scared then you probably should not be riding. There is always going to be that close call and we have more disadvantages than motorcycles or scooters. Cars and trucks assume we can get out of their way anytime, which as we all know, we can't. One thing that really helped me was I took the California Highway Patrol sanctioned Motorcycle course. I took it at the urging of my brother who has a BMW cycle and I am glad I did because it teaches you to think the way a motorcyclist thinks when you are on the road. You learn things like staying out of people's rear view mirrors' blind spot, and the looking ahead and around you all the time. Most importantly, you would have handled that truck very differently than you did and would have avoided the close call. You can't prevent idiots from trying to mess with you but you can certainly decrease your chances of sipping all your future meals through a straw the rest of your life.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
The Airzound horns are great, I have one on each of my builds so far. I usually give it a toot to let people know I'm coming out of a blind spot (big trucks) or around a blind curve/intersection. And to get people to move back from the bus stops a little when I'm heading for the bridge (no choice but to be on the sidewalk to cross the bridge I travel on, signage says for cyclists to use sidewalk only - besides, bridge speed limit is 80kph, and a lot of heavy traffic). I usually only use about 40 or so of the 85 psi the bottle holds any given week, but if I need it I can slap the air pump on it and fill it again.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I saw a Post Loudest MB in the world. rotfl Air Horns from a train! They would look nice mounted in my trailer. :) I have everything but the horns. I have Bosch air horns on my Goldwing. There good and bad. Sometimes cars will veer into you trying to pull out of the way! There like rabbits, never know where there going to go! (c)

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
America is all about "status." Car drivers love to rub it in that they have "status" and you don't, because their car is bigger, and they assume you (a) don't have a car (b) don't have a license (c) don't pay road taxes (d) can't defend yourself or avoid their terror tactics.

I had a dumb broad tell me one day that I "need a license for that thing." I said, I drive 18 wheelers for a living. lol. I think if everyone had to get an m/c license before getting a car license, a lot of this bs would clear up in a week. And there would be a lot more city buses.

Look at the drug statistics and illiteracy rates in this country, and you will be less surprised by the unnervingly stupid things people do in traffic.

I assume everybody is armed or stupid, probably right at least half the time.