Saturday, i ran thru a big puddle :)

GoldenMotor.com

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I turned down this side road that leads to the plaza where winn dixie is, well i saw someone turn behind me, so i got to the last road parkinglot access road that leads to subway to the right and pulled over so the nut could go by cuz there was a big puddle, and i didn't have my front fender on at the time. Well the nut in the car just stops when stop, in the road. I wave the person on, she was a bit nervouse about going thru the puddle on her bike and was waiting for a person to go by on her left going in the opposite direction so she could go around the puddle, but decides to just go thru it. She goes on about her way. Then i kick my motor on and just go about 1/2 throttle thru the puddle pulling nearly a 360 cuz there was a curb and grass between parkinglots. Well half way thru the puddle, i hit the washed out hole on the corner, just off the concrete. I didn't see it cuz the water was real dark. Well it was a hard jolt, I just held on tight when i felt my tire hit the bottom of the hole, and i looked back to make sure my pannier was still attached just outta concern. Then went on my way going behind winn dixie to stay outta traffic... Anybody else have a jolting experience with a hole whether it be on the road or out in some prairie somewhere. Feel free to share.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I hit a parking lot barrier one night in the dark going about 6 mph. Luckly I hit it at a right angle. Both wheels went over it. My front wheel is slightly out of round now, but I didn't fall down.

I've noticed when riding down a street, cars get really jiggy about passing me. A lot of the time they will just follow along behind me even though they could easily pass. If they start bugging me I usually slow down till they can't take it anymore and drive around.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Thats, cool. Glad to heard u didn't damage the rim enough to keep u from ridin'. Anybody else have a funny story to tell? Don't yall all speak at once now. jk lol

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Quite a few years ago I was following a friend to her new apartment at around 11 PM. My Yamaha XT350 was my only transportation at the time. Right in the middle of a major street we were traveling down was a large pot hole. I saw it in time to avoid it but thought nothing of it as they were rather common and simply just the first layer of asphalt crumbling away. typically 1 to 2 inches deep at the most. Nothing that an enduro motorcycle couldn't handle. Well...... this one was about 10 inches deep... I felt the front wheel drop significantly and the pucker factor went up into the low 90's. According to another friend who was following behind us my rear wheel lifted about a foot off of the ground. All I could do was slide my butt all the way to the back of the seat and try to balance my way out of a painful face plant.
It felt like forever, but the front wheel rode out of the pothole and I continued riding the front wheel for another 10 to 15 feet before the rear wheel came back to earth.
Mind you all of this happened at 40 MPH or so.
When it happened I thought I was done for the night; scrape my bike off of the street and I'll limp home. I still don't know how I pulled it off. I still don't know why I did not crap my pants either.....