BEST OF ELECTRIC BICYCLES ? your input

GoldenMotor.com

Rickygintpa

Mar 23, 2012
Tampa Fl
I have an ewheels e500 and I turned my old weed eater into a small generator to help charge while I drive. If I stay under 15% throttle I can go til I run outta gas and even further til the battery runs out. I only did this because I absolutely had to extend my range to be able to cross the city of Tampa Fl to make it to my doctors.

After contacting the state about the laws I found that even though I now have a gas engine on my e bike it's still legal cuz the motor doesn't propel the vehicle it just charges the batteries as long as it doesn't go over the state set legal decible levals.

I've found that it still isn't very practical but I can cross the entire city on back roads and bike lanes at 15% or less throttle and back home in about 2 hours time. I have tested it at higher speeds but at full throttle I only gained under a mile of distance and at 50% throttle I gained over a mile and a half.

The point to all this is that if you don't use alot of energy by going slow you're also giving your batteries more time to accept the charge from the generator. I have no choice cuz i'm a 35 year old disabled widow and can't afford gas, let alone insurance and a car payment so i'm very happy with what I have and I don't mind going slow while listening to good music and enjoying the scenery.

tallcrown

Jun 14, 2011
NJ
I have an ewheels e500 and I turned my old weed eater into a small generator to help charge while I drive. If I stay under 15% throttle I can go til I run outta gas and even further til the battery runs out. I only did this because I absolutely had to extend my range to be able to cross the city of Tampa Fl to make it to my doctors.

After contacting the state about the laws I found that even though I now have a gas engine on my e bike it's still legal cuz the motor doesn't propel the vehicle it just charges the batteries as long as it doesn't go over the state set legal decible levals.

I've found that it still isn't very practical but I can cross the entire city on back roads and bike lanes at 15% or less throttle and back home in about 2 hours time. I have tested it at higher speeds but at full throttle I only gained under a mile of distance and at 50% throttle I gained over a mile and a half.

The point to all this is that if you don't use alot of energy by going slow you're also giving your batteries more time to accept the charge from the generator. I have no choice cuz i'm a 35 year old disabled widow and can't afford gas, let alone insurance and a car payment so i'm very happy with what I have and I don't mind going slow while listening to good music and enjoying the scenery.
Do you have any pictures of how and where you put your weedeater generator?