Please help me get the best sprocket ratio

GoldenMotor.com

ueyteuor

May 28, 2010
California
Hello, first, I would like to say that I am a very light person, I weigh 125lbs... That said, I am working on a motor-bike build using a robin subaru eh035 engine...

Which sprocket gear ratio would be best for me? I live in an area with lots of hills, but I am light, and have no problem with pedal-assisting on hills, but I do want a fast bike as well... so what front sprocket tooth size and rear sprocket would be best for me? Oh yeah and it's a 26" wheel bicycle. I tried looking for a gear ratio calculator for motorbikes but couldn't find one... Much appreciation to any help!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hello, first, I would like to say that I am a very light person, I weigh 125lbs... That said, I am working on a motor-bike build using a robin subaru eh035 engine...

Which sprocket gear ratio would be best for me? I live in an area with lots of hills, but I am light, and have no problem with pedal-assisting on hills, but I do want a fast bike as well... so what front sprocket tooth size and rear sprocket would be best for me? Oh yeah and it's a 26" wheel bicycle. I tried looking for a gear ratio calculator for motorbikes but couldn't find one... Much appreciation to any help!
You have a robin subaru eh035 engine and what gearbox or kit are you using???

There is no way to attach a sprocket to a robin subaru eh035 engine
without adding something to it as it has centrifugal clutch shoes

Where and how are you mounting the motor???

robin subaru eh035 has only 1.6 HP so you will never have a hill climber and a fast bike without using changeable gears

ueyteuor

May 28, 2010
California
You have a robin subaru eh035 engine and what gearbox or kit are you using???

There is no way to attach a sprocket to a robin subaru eh035 engine
without adding something to it as it has centrifugal clutch shoes

Where and how are you mounting the motor???

robin subaru eh035 has only 1.6 HP so you will never have a hill climber and a fast bike without using changeable gears
I will either be using this: Double Bearing 76 mm Clutch housing Assembly 1/2" or 5/8" OD Shaft: Staton Inc

or Gas Scooter Mini Moto Bike Parts Transmission Moped - eBay (item 180360796487 end time Mar-15-11 01:06:19 PDT)

going to mount the engine in-frame using a custom bracket.

I do have experience with the robin subaru eh035 as a friction drive, and it did serve me very well for uphills with some pedal assist, i did not have any problems at all...

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
This will not work as there is no gearing reduction
You would have to have a humungous sprocket on the rear

or Gas Scooter Mini Moto Bike Parts Transmission Moped - eBay (item 180360796487 end time Mar-15-11 01:06:19 PDT)

going to mount the engine in-frame using a custom bracket.

I do have experience with the robin subaru eh035 as a friction drive, and it did serve me very well for uphills with some pedal assist, i did not have any problems at all...
I have a robin subaru eh035 friction drive too.
This gearbox will work but the chain quality inside is low quality