not liking the new changes to the forum

GoldenMotor.com

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
it seems that i can't view thumbnail pics now unless i'm logged in. i lurk the site a lot during the day with out logging in. also when ever i talk to someone intereseted in MB's i send them to this site. most of them have already found it and say, yeah i'm not a member but i look on there all the time. now they won't be able to get a good look. is there a reason for making everyone log in to view pics.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
maybe a jealous thing that started w/a motor sizeing stencil from u no hoo,I like the rooling pics but wil have to get used to where to click on the pic for proper results,I did panic at first thinking the comp was up to no good,,,maybe we can set up a temp button for viewing pics

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Wow ,I missed that the whole time,I am guessing the green dot behind the name lets me know I'm signed in

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
It's simply a newer, upgraded version of the vbulletin we've always used, most if not all of the old features are still in place, their icons have changed is all & there's a bunch of features not previously available - like member albums. It's still being sorted out, Paul pulled an all-nighter and got it runnin' smoothly & asked that if there's bugs & whatnot to post it here: http://motorbicycling.com/f21/forum-upgrade-25021.html#post231666

It's still gonna take a lil while - gotta break it in & fine tune and ofc we're still learning it too lol

Last edited:

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
Is there a "Today's Posts" feature? I often check in at work without logging in and its hard to search through the forums to see if there is anything new. Maybe it is there and I just didn't find it yet.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Is there a "Today's Posts" feature? I often check in at work without logging in and its hard to search through the forums to see if there is anything new. Maybe it is there and I just didn't find it yet.
Click quick links at the top I think it is still the first offering to click open.I have gotten used to most all the new look and think all the previous offerings are there,just a little new looking and exciting ,hey cell phones change way more than this all the time and you have to stand outside in the weather rain or shine to make a phone call now instead of like the old land lines
drn2.........................................xct2 and its faster

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Click on 'New Posts'. That will take you to the most recent ones that you have not read yet,
Tom

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
little patience please. had a lot of problems with upgrade of the software. weird stuff no one has ever seen like parts of the forum being in Spanish ect. anyway i got all the bugs fixed i believe. i just fixed it so you can look at the pictures signed in or not. i need to rest but i am not done yet

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I like the new changes. I knew there would be bugs to work out...there always is on an upgrade. So when the dust settles down we will be much better off.

Terry

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Just as a FYI, the reason the forum software default was set so that you'd need to log in to view pics is pretty simple, forums are ranked by both general activity (page views etc.) - but also quite important is the number of active memberships. Another consideration is ofc bandwidth, spiders, bots, and crawlers are constantly indexing the site as "guests" and the open access to all content can increase the bandwidth consumption to the point of having some impact on load times.

As we're not an ecommerce site, it would actually be in our best interest to leave the default setting and require login to view, thereby increasing the number of active memberships while reducing server load... but Paul doesn't roll like that obviously, they're your pics & threads and we're just as eager to share as ya'll are ;)

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I'm still getting used to the new functions of the upgrades, and I think they're great new editions.

Thanks Motorbicycling.com Staff & Management !!!

Peace Crazy Horse.brnot

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
i logged out and that is true,I think it was there befor for checking out the form before,will miss that a little but its ok,although I would have probebly passed by if that was the case before is it the same at the others too now?