Anyone design a wet clutch for the 70cc 2 stroke?

GoldenMotor.com

mike373

Jun 16, 2008
That would be a nice addition to our bikes. A tougher wet clutch that could take take offs from a stand still. I have seen on the dax site that there is a wet clutch for the titan engine.

Mike

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm not sure if a wet clutch would be a better thing... ???
I've never had a serious problem with ANY of the stock clutches on any bike I've built so far!

cruiser66

Mar 4, 2008
Westport, MA
This setup keeps the original style manual dry clutch and adds a wet style centrifugal clutch. I believe you would have to add a pull starter because the pedal start would not work. You would probably also have to add a wide crankset to clear the wider engine addons. With a 2 stroke, you loose most of the advantages of having a centrifugal clutch because you have to declutch the engine to let it idle whenever you are coasting or decelerating down long hills. Otherwise, the engine does not receive proper lubrication. However, you can start the engine up and let it warm up without actually having to ride the bike to start it. 4 strokes are ideal for the centrifugal or moped style clutch because they do not experience lubrication problems when decelerating.

eBay 香港 : YX 2 Stroke Bike Bicycle Engine Centrifugal Clutch Kit (ç‰©å“ 300227701187 çµæŸæ™‚é–“ 2008-08-23 02å°æ™‚31分02秒)

mike373

Jun 16, 2008
YEah.... I haven't had any problems with the clutch either, and prefer a manual clutch over centrifugal clutch. However I heard that the clutch on our bikes are not suited for starting from a dead stop.

Mike